Saphire

Demetria's POV

We finally made it to the actual party and it is true, this IS the real party. It is in the forest, far from people and huge. There was a DJ, a performer and even a glow in the dark paint artist. Of course there's more alcohol too.

It looked like nothing I've ever seen before. Unlike at school, no one here cared about me or were whispering behind my back but they were just enjoying themselves and drinking the night away. I had an overwhelming feeling because this is so foreign for me and yet, it's a good feeling. It's kind of thrilling.

While Scarlett dances with her Loki, Jasmine and Cassandra were nowhere to be found. Laura is always disappearing so I don't even want to dwell on that.

I decided to go by the bonfire because it seemed more interesting than the body paint and the loud music. The bonfire was big like those ones in movies about sacrificial witches. The fire might be the opposite of what I am but just like every other earth element, it is so beautiful to witness.

As I continued to enjoy the cracking and the warmth from the fire, I saw a glimpse of what looked like Storm. Trying to confirm what my eyes show me because well, why can't I take a sneak peak of his beautiful face? I took a small step trying to see behind the fire, to my surprise it was him.

He stood there holding a beer in his hand, his eyes faced me as I faced him. He seemed to be someone who already knew I was there, so he was already watching me? Next to him was a dark haired girl who was dressed as Mera from Aquaman. Her costume was really cool, I'm not a DC fan but Aquaman is one of the best DC movies.

The girl dressed as Mera looked to be speaking to him but he wasn't paying attention. His eyes were locked on me. I wasn't sure what to do, whether I should leave or not. He made me feel uncomfortable but in a way I enjoy him staring at me. And why I wasn't looking away either was beyond me

Storm confuses me, at first I thought he hated my guts, then I thought it was confirmed when he almost killed me. He removed Theo because he was causing me trouble and now he keeps looking at me. In the back of my mind, my consciousness keeps trying to tell me he's trying to find ways to talk to me, but that can't be the case can it?

I closed my eyes and shook the thought away from my head. I hid behind the fire again, away from his stare and tried to convince myself that it's just stupid. Liking him is stupid obviously.

As I was trying to focus on anything but the thoughts in my head, I started feeling a very negative presence. There's a lot of people and most of them are very dangerous but this presence screamed terror. I didn't know whether I was the only one who felt it, since when do I feel foreign energy? Maybe it's nothing.

As I brushed the thought off, I went to get another cup of a drink. I made sure not to have any alcoholic drinks because I am not planning to lose my composure in front of people. Also mom made me taste it to prove it tastes horrible and I shouldn't drink any.

When I took my cup of punch from the table, of which was oddly untouched yet, I turned around only to come to my halt as the very tall and large man stood before me. I released a breath of relief whilst holding my chest when I saw who it was. Why does he do that?

"Really?" I say out of annoyance but he wasn't paying attention to me but to my drink.

"You felt something was wrong didn't you?" He says. Oh so I wasn't the only one?

Before I could answer, he took my cup from me and brought it up to his face. If he wanted punch too he could've gotten some. He wasn't drinking it but rather smelling it. His face scrunched up in disgust and he poured the drink on the ground and crushed the cup. He proceeded in doing the same to the rest of the punch on the table and he poured all of it on the ground to be absorbed by it.