Raging Alpha

Demetria's POV

As I faced River, something didn't feel right about him. His scent was still him but he only stared at me as if analysing me. His head was going up and down as he looked at every single part of me.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to make of what was happening. Why was he acting strange?

"River?" I call out to him of which his attention moved from my chest to my face in quick motion. He wasn't checking me out but rather looking at something else.

"River? What's wrong with you?" I ask again. This time he growls.

I step back now detecting danger. Would he be mad at me or something? His growl was strong as if it came from the deepest part of his chest. He took slow steps towards me as if stalking his prey, waiting for me to make a move to run away.

I decided this definitely wasn't River being himself as I kept taking steps back. He growls again and then he lunged at me with his elongated claw hands and his face looked like he was close to shifting.

I dodged his attack and managed to run to the field. It was late and people were no longer there. It was just me and an angry Alpha Prince trying to kill me. As I ran I could feel him closely behind me. I decided if I can't outrun him I might as well fight him. Lord knows I could never be able to fight him with my powers, I can't bring myself to hurt him like that.

He kept trying to claw me but I dodged his attacks, he managed to send a punch and I blocked it. I send one of my own causing him to stumble back holding his nose.

He lets out another illuminating growl and lunges at me again. This time he was really pissed, his moves were faster it was hard to keep up with him. He sent a kick to my chest knocking the air out of me as I hit something that pushed me to lie flat on my stomach.

I struggled to get up but I heard his feet running so I pushed myself up and dodged his foot that was going to step on my face. As soon as I got up, a strong punch was thrown to my face causing me to spin and fall back on the ground again.

With the little energy I had, I turned around to face him as I spit the blood that came from an injured tooth in my mouth. His claws were out and he looked down at me getting ready to claw my face. I was trying to push my body away from him as fear surged through my body.

As he walked slowly to me, we both heard another menacing growl causing both of us to look to my right. Before I could register anything, River was pushed across the whole field. Him and his new opponent were growling at each other as they fought, I felt that familiar energy of them dominating each other. I've never seen Storm that mad and I never thought I would see River like that also.

My attention was taken away when I felt someone close to me. Stefanos, he extended his hand for me to take it and I didn't protest.

"They are gonna kill each other." I say as soon as I got on my feet. The punch from earlier still very painful and I was hoping it doesn't leave a bruise.

"Oh relax. Hold this for me?" Stefanos says and gives me a.. half eaten taco?

He uses his speed and runs to both of the fighting princes. He managed to get in between them and separated them by throwing both of them on either sides. I looked around to see people had finally gathered and saw the scene before them.

I see two of the headmistresses show up too and they kept asking me what was going on and what was wrong.

"I don't know but Riv-" I didn't have time to finish my sentence as a very large wolf tackled me and before I could register anything. It bit my shoulder causing a very loud piercing scream to come out of me.

I didn't pay attention as someone screamed my name. At that moment I lost myself again.

~~~

Stefanos' POV

After we got tacos, I went to give my younger brother a lecturer on how reckless it would be for him to be fighting River making people ask why. He didn't seem like he was getting the point I was trying to make, he was going to expose the secrete he is trying to hide.

We heard growls from across the school. We both looked at each other and ran to investigate. As soon as we got there, the sight before us was not the best looking especially for my brother.

River was attacking Demetria. She dodged his foot as he was about to step on top of her. Just as she managed to get on her feet, River was quick to send a punch to her face. At that moment I felt Storm's power and he wasted no time taking off to attack River. His growl was loud enough to make people come out to witness the scene.

I ran over to Demetria and offered her a hand to help her get up. She was breathing heavily as she struggled to get on her feet.

"They are gonna kill each other." Was the first thing she said. She almost got killed by a raging alpha and that's what she's worried about?

As much as I wanted to ask what was wrong with River, I noticed their fight was getting bloody and more intense. Storm's anger was raging, with the intoxicating scent of his mate's blood lingering in the air, he wanted to kill him. I can't let that happen.

"Oh relax. Hold this for me?" I say giving her my taco. I'm still hungry so I need a snack after dealing with to kings going at it, on top of that her blood still lingered in the cold wavy air causing me more hunger.

I ran to the two and I tried to get in between. They were growling and snarling at each other. Clawing as they tried to kill each other but I managed to get in between them. As soon as I got inbetween them, I managed to push them so they separated a few feet and it worked.

"Stop this!" I shouted as I looked in between them. Storm's anger seemed to fade a little as I looked to him because he's the one who wanted to kill more. Just as I was about to face River, he was already shifted and started running but not towards me or Storm, he was going after Demetria. At that moment it hit me, this is one of Aradia's tricks.

Storm and I went after him but he was already too far ahead of us he managed to tackle her to the ground. Emma and another headmistress were in shock at the scene. I passed by them to push River off but not before a piercing scream from the girl below the wolf, which later turned into a growl. The large wolf was pushed off of her.

I felt the negative but strong energy around the field, it was coming from Demetria. She flipped so she was standing on her feet as she faced us. Her eyes were pale white, they had no irises and she had fangs as she snarled from the pain on her now damaged shoulder. She turned around to face River who also growled at her.

Before she could go after him, Storm was quick to hold her, picked her up from the ground and disappeared with her. I took that as a way to protect River because I bet a million bucks, that is no longer his mate.

River still snarled and threatened people as he saw we were stalking towards him. Why did he attack her? He was trying to make her lose herself and feel angry. The voice in my head answered for me.

"He's been spelled." The headmistress that was with Emma says.

"What do you mean Barbara?" Emma asks.

"It's a complicated spell but it works on wolves because of their territorial minds. It's to make him agitated and feel threatened, trying to kill their enemy." She explains.

"Well find a way to get him back before he attacks us!" I growl at them as I stood in defence watching River sternly.

"Of course I know how. We just need to knock him out, I have to touch his head." She says.

"Leave that to me."

And just like that I continued my fight with him. Considering, technically I am not of Royal blood. I am still an old vampire and I have trained way more than the 18 year old wolf prince of course I can take him. I just hope Storm is fixing his problem.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️