Chapter 51

Aurora's POV

I had not known how the feel or what to think. It has been four hours, four hours of overthinking and major anxiety filling me. I had waited and dreamed of finding my mate only to know that he loves another, not just any other. The same person who managed to kill our captor.

I stayed with my sister in those dungeons for 8 years hoping so e miracle happens but when that miracle came, it came with heart break. She's been out cold for four hours. The royals had been finally informed of this, the captured were returned to their kingdoms, others are yet the fly so they were aided by the werewolf kingdom which is not far, including the Fae.

Speaking of royals, I spent years hating them and all of a sudden I am mated to one. Not just any one of the royals but the crowned prince. I swear I hoped otherwise, I may be caring of other people and maybe I'm always ready to aid them and fight for them but it was only because the people I fought for had no one to fight for them. My sister and I got separated from our parents which we do not know if they live or not, I had to make sure she knows the love our parents had shown me in the few years I lived with them. Despite the hard labour Aradia gave us.

At the moment I am in the castle, the freaking vampire castle. I am in my room whilst I asked Autumn to spend time with Nora. Nora had been born in the dungeons where Aradia kept us, she's 15 whereas Autumn has turned 16, a few weeks ago. She was also like my little sister, despite the fact that she's a Fae. Aradia never paid attention to the Fae's who do not have visible powers, she obviously wouldn't know she had a healer in her grasp otherwise she would've used her for her disgusting acts.

The princes, princess, and their friends thought it best that she came to the vampire castle with us. Some had left though before introductions were made. As far as I am concerned, those who stayed where Prince Stefanos, Kaija, Kyle, Jasmine, Crystal, Damien, the Fae Princess, princess Scarlett and.. my mate, Prince Storm.

Should I call him that?

Should I just forget about it?

How can I though when I was told two hours ago that the King and Queen were on their way back. Once they come back they might meet me, then what? I have to pretend that I want to be in the likes of my mate? I honestly don't. Or I do. My head and reasonable side is fighting my body and heart. I have always listened to my mind and my mind tells me that if my mate wants to be hostile towards me around his friends, I will be the same around him.

Although I can't say it's not nice finally being in the comfort of a soft bed, an outside that doesn't smell like rotting blood. You'd swear I'm not a vampire with the way blood disgusts me, maybe it's because I have seen the worst ways of it coming out. I prefer consent for me to drink blood and even so I won't take more than I necessarily need, no matter how intoxicating the taste is, just like human blood.

I was well fed, I got more blood because the maids has told me that I needed to eat because they saw the state most of us were in, and since we came with the princes in the castle that means we are important. Some of the people didn't come to the castle because well the Vampire King and Queen aren't exactly that nice, but they were given places to stay. Vampires are much more caring than I thought they were. I thought we were abandoned but it just turned out that they never knew we were gone. That still hurts though.

A knock on my door interrupted my train of thought making me slightly turn to face the door. I lifted my body from the bad and let my feet touch the floor. Luckily I was wearing socks so I wouldn't feel the cold. It was snowing outside. I was glad I was able to shower in all of this because I hadn't showered in weeks. So many traumatic things happened in that place, showering was a privilege.

I took small silent steps to the door, just as I was about to grab the handle, I stopped. That musky scent of freshly cut grass invading my scent. I froze unsure of what to do, do I let him in? Come on he's probably going to reject me, I'm not ready for that even though I know eventually be will. Maybe I could leave my sister here and fled before he could, she's happy here. Besides she's two years away from being her own adult and I can't always be there.

I mean what can I say to a freakishly gorgeous man that keeps giving me a look of pity and sadness as if he keeps trying to stop himself from doing the obvious? He was in love with the Fae princess. I don't know much about love but I do know that's what I saw. When I first saw him I wanted to hug him but he just disregarded me like he wasn't seeing his mate. That hurt more than anything.

"You know I can hear you right?" Oh shit I haven't opened the door? I mentally cursed myself as I went to open the door mindlessly forgetting the reason I was hesitating.

As soon as I opened it, his eyes were already staring down at me making me somehow feel so smaller than I already was as I looked up at him. His hair hung loosely on his forehead not forgetting that it's darker than the last time I saw him and also damp. He has just showered. I opened my mouth to say something and then I decided against it, I moved to my right to gesture for him to come inside. Besides, this is his home after all, he could've just barged in.

"H- hi." I cleared my mouth as the word came out raspier than I intended, as if I hadn't drank any water and been in a desert for days.

"Hi." His deep voice filled the room as I slowly closed the door still facing him.

"Can I uh help you with something?" I managed the utter the few words that I guess were able to come to mind easier than the rest.

His eyes looked at me up and down as he analysed whatever he was analyzing. I was given a few clothing choices when I showered and I ended up wearing some comfy grey gym tights that hugged my body, a white normal t-shirt and well my white socks. I had my hair in a ponytail but leaving some strands in the sides trying to style it. Autumn is usually good at that but she was busy.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Maybe it was me but oddly that felt forced. I remembered from his sister, Scarlett's rambling, he listened to Kaija's mate and his brother more than anyone. There's possibility he's the one who told him to come here.

"I didn't come because of Stefanos." My eyes went wide at the realisation he just replied to something I was thinking. Shit this is what I get for nit speaking. Come on Aurora speak!

I could feel my hands getting clammy and my body heat coming in waves as nervousness overtook me. Then the headache started and the breathing, awesome has going to think I'm a freak. A pathetic one at that!

"Wait no calm yourself.  Aurora?" I snapped my head as he mentioned my name. That for some reason instantly calmed me.

"I'm sorry. I honestly don't know what to say, this isn't how I imagined we'd- I would meet my mate." I corrected myself considering I don't know how he'd want me to go about with this.

"Okay." He simply said and started walking to the bed, his reply was definitely not what I expected. I was a about to say something before he spoke again.

"Sit next to me, mate. I have something to say." His hand was extended for me to take. I was once against shocked by his actions but nonetheless my body was already moving me towards him, this will be definitely interesting.