Chapter 45

Storm's POV

There were a lot of mixed feelings today, it was today where we would all determine our fate. River and I spoke 2 days ago and I came to find out he has a mate, he was nervous about not being able to come back from it. We are all nervous of what Aradia has for us and from our knowledge, she's a powerful being with with powerful allies. She will use that against us, unless she underestimates Demetria to a point that she won't use full force.

Although decades worth of wanting the same thing, she can't be seriously going to be easy about it. Currently we are waiting for Damien to meet us in the woods of unclaimed territory, close to Aradia's hideout. Over the cliff was where you could see Aradia's building. Crystal said it was a spell, it wasn't exactly what it looked like. That is where we are, we are yet to meet Damien's allies. I'm very interested in seeing other Faes besides Demetria.

"Where is he?" Scarlett asks for the fourth time we've been here. We've only been here for 20 minutes, Damien has been gone for 3 days so I guess it's reasonable for her to be impatient.

"He's coming, calm yourself." Cassandra tries to soothe her. Cassandra and Skylar are the only people who show actual fear out of the whole group but they won't be doing much fighting. We just need to pave them a way to free Aradia's prisoners.

Demetria has been very off. I haven't talked to her since that day, she hasn't exactly talked to a lot of people since that day. She only hangs around the girls but Cassandra does say she was mostly thinking and/or she was training. She trained everyday, no one wanted to disturb her because from her looks, she was definitely not to be disturbed.

Just as we sat for another few minutes. I smelled multiple scents and I could hear thoughts but I couldn't make out who they were from. But a familiar scent calmed me down, how many people does he have with him? We don't exactly have an army but we do have a lot of strong people with us. I just hope no one dies.

"They're here." Demetria spoke first. I noticed everyone straightened themselves at the announcement.

Just in time, Damien showed up with his hair no longer tied up and his hands had black fingerless gloves with battle ready clothes that almost looked like mine. What we I didn't expect was the person walking beside him. River's growl was the first thing heard that made her stop in her tracks.

"What is she doing here?" My sister's excitement was long gone as she looked at the girl next to her mate.

I was interested in knowing too and where she got the audacity to even show up here, but I was more intrigued with the people behind them.

"Where is the Queen?" One of them steps forward before anyone else. She dismisses my sister's question.

"Scarlett asked, what is that doing here." Demetria steps forward as she points towards the girl. We all watched the interaction, we had no space to interfere.

"I want to help." She finally spoke up but her voice sounded shaky as if she feared her.

"What makes you think we want your help?" Demetria asked. Although her voice was normal I felt the hatred from it.

"I made a mistake, driven by my mother but I want to make it better. Please Dem-" Before she could finish Demetria interrupted her.

"Do not speak my name!" Her voice was louder this time that it startled her. The way she was definitely was different, it reminded me of my father. "Do not speak to me. You're not dead right now because Damien must explain this."

She went quiet along with the rest of us. It's funny to say it feels as though Demetria is more superior than me, maybe that is why I can't hear her thoughts.

"It doesn't matter what she did right now we need her help. She's can help in removing some of Arcadia's spells." Damien explains.

"I'm a witch, I can do that already." Crystal says.

"I'm also half Fae, I can break barriers that prevent another witches from breaking them. Like a spell only she can lift." Jasmine replies.

"So we're just going to trust her?" River finally spoke up, he wasn't himself.

"You don't have to trust me but you do need me. And in really sorry, to both of you." River growls at her words as he takes steps towards her.

No one stopped him nor were we going to because his wolf was present, meaning he was going to try by all means to get to her.

Jasmine took steps back as she looked between us waiting for us to do something, no one did. She looked at me knowing I'm usually the person who would step in. I didn't have the energy nor the will to be protecting her, she almost got Demetria killed.

"He's going to hurt her." One of the Fae says as he moved to step in front of Jasmine. His eyes glowed green before branches surfaced from the ground and grabbed both of River's arms.

Holden stepped forward. As I witnessed their interactions, I was reading Jasmine's mind. I was getting everything I needed to stop River from hurting her but before I spoke up, Demetria spoke first.

"Stop." Demetria says making a flaring Holden stop from his tracks, he turns to her and so did we. Our attention was taken by River breaking out of the branches as he growled with more anger this time.

"I'll take care of Jasmine, once I'm done with Aradia." She says.

"She has many prisoners in there, many kinds of species besides our own. Not just that, she's powerful and she will try by all means to kill every one of us." The girl with raven dark hair says.

"I'm also powerful and I have the will to kill her." Demetria replies swiftly before she passes them all to stand on the cliff as she looked down at the place.

I sighed as I made my way towards her. We don't have the time to be thinking about who we can and who we can not trust we need a solution and we needed it now before Aradia notices we are here.

"She's right you know." I say standing next to her. She doesn't reply or look at me. "I read her mind. She was forced to hurt you by her mother."

"I don't care about that, Storm. I don't want any mistakes and I don't know which mistake would it be if I didn't take her offer or if I did." She replies.

"The mistake would be not to. I'll keep her close to me incase she tries anything."

"Then you'll have to be on the team to free people." She says.

We go in teams, those that aren't strong enough to be fighting Aradia will free prisoners, and the rest will distract guards and pave a way for Demetria to get to her.

"Fine, there's no time to be discussing this or debating it. She comes with us." She starts walking back leaving me there alone.

Like I said, closer we get to Aradia, the further we are from each other.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️