Chapter 48

Storm's POV

As soon as Scarlett gave us the signal. Four of us teleported inside the place that was definitely not there before. Unfortunately there were guards there but fortunately, they were too weak to last 10 minutes. Jasmine was fast with her teleportation and came back. I just my mind concentrate on the thoughts and smells around us and I was able to locate a huge number of people close by.

"I can feel fear coming from that way." Stefanos points out as he leads us to where he is headed.

"I know that scent." I unintendedly read his thoughts. What smell? I wanted to ask but we were quick to arrive to a cellar full of people.

He stopped in his tracks as he looks inside, it was dark but I could clearly see the people in there. I saw yellow and brown eyes looking back at him in shock. The woman started walking out from the back of of the cellar towards us as her friends were also doing.

"Kaija, no! What are you doing?!" Someone shouted from behind her but she didn't pay attention.

"Kaija." My brother repeated as he took steps forward.

"They are good. They are here to save us." Kaija finally spoke as her mouth curved into a happy smile.

This is his mate, Auburn hair and heterochromic eyes. This is my brother's mate that rejected him, although she was happy to see him his story told me she did not want him. I noticed in his eyes that they were now red, not because he was mad at her, he didn't like seeing her behind bars. He reached out to them.

"Wait no!" Crystal shouted but he already was touching them. The sound of burning flesh filled the empty room and he jerked back not groaning in pain but he only observed his healing hand.

"Doesn't that hurt?" Kyle asks.

"Even a dummy knows that smell is wolfsbane." Lydia says next to me making me turn to her. She's right, I hadn't noticed because I was witnessing my brother impatiently trying the get to his mate. I guess he did notice either.

"Well get them out of there!" He shouted making Crystal's face scrunch up showing she found the order offensive.

"Relax, we are on it." Jasmine and Crystal pull out some stuff from Crystal's backpack.

"I'm really sorry for rejecting you. It was the only way to save you, I couldn't tell you-" Kaija started explaining as he stood on the other side in front of Stefaons.

"It's okay, you don't have to explain. What exactly happened?" He asked.

"Aradia came to our village a long time ago, he took most of us captive and those who were able to run, she had their families and forced them to come back." An old man explains from the back.

"That was when I met you, if I didn't reject you, you'd be in here with us. I could feel you're not a normal vampire." Kaija added.

"How come the royals never did anything?" I stepped in and asked making them turn to me.

"Because he never cares unless it's people of higher status." Stefanos replies.

"Even if it's his own kind?" Xia chimes in. It's the first time I've heard her talk I didn't think she knew English, her brother has a strong accent.

"He?" Another person inside speaks. I noticed it's not just vampires in here, it's different kinds of species.

"My father." I replied making them gasp in shock. Maybe they couldn't feel it because they were behind bars but any vampire could tell a royal.

"And my step-father." Stefanos added.

"Okay, we're done. You guys step back as far as you can." Jasmine instructs and we did as she says so did the others on the other side.