Not a Care In The World

Demetria's POV

I was woken up by an intense hunger and thirst. My gums were throbbing and my head was in pain. I tried groaning but nothing came out. I tried moving but my body wasn't in my control. I started panicking because I read that when the body doesn't move while the mind is awake sometimes it means that the person is in a coma. I fear a coma more than anything.

I started trying to move around and I tried using my voice whichever I could until I felt the bed rising. Something started gently touching my jaw. The person moved my jaw downwards and opened my mouth, they poured a cold liquid which I moaned and the feeling.

I slowly opened my eyes to be met by red eyes looking at me with excitement. I'm surprised she hasn't jumped at me but she looked like she was going to. Another person who was in the room was the doctor.

"I can't move." I say my first words.

"Don't worry, it will wear off in a few minutes." The doctor says. "I should leave you too."

"Wait! Before you do can I hug her?" Scarlett asks.

"As gentle as you can, of course." The doctor says and then she exists.

Scarlett wastes no time into hugging me and showering my face with kisses.

"Okay calm yourself." I say and she lets me go.

Hee eyes glowed with happiness. The last person I saw this happy to see me was my Mom. Speaking of my Mom, I'm surprised she isn't here.

"Does my Mom even know I'm here? She would've driven all the way." I say.

"Oh no Stefanos convinced the headmasters not to tell her yet, we figured you wouldn't want her to worry especially after the doctor did say you will wake up soon." She replies.

"You're making it sound like I've been asleep for centuries. And who's Stefano's?" I ask.

"Well, Stefanos is our older brother and if you think a five day sleep is equivalent to a century then whatever you say... besty." Scarlett said the last part nervously as she gave me a small punch on the arm. My mouth was wide open at the news I had just received. 5 Days????

Scarlett started filling me in on what has been happening when I was in a mini coma. As she spoke my body managed to come back to life and I was no longer temporary paralysed.

"This is crazy, I didn't try to kill anybody so why would they say I did?" I say as Scarlett tried getting me up from my bed.

"People fear you now more than ever, Demetria. Now they know how strong you are, not to mention you may be a chimera meaning you could also be part vampire." She says. A chimera? What's that?

"What is a chimera?" I asked. Before she could answer, someone spoke over her.

"It is a being with two sets of DNA of different species. Usually they are created not born." River says leaning on the door with his hands folded.

"Isn't that a hybrid? Or it's a different name?" I ask.

"No, hybrids are born and made by the two people who happen to be different species. Your parents are both Faes and you just so happened to be birthed by a vampire, taking some part of her with you." He explained. I guess that makes some sense.

"I feel like my head is going to explode." I say.

"I can't imagine you, my head feels like it's going to explode too and I haven't been out for a whole week." Scarlett says.

"But don't worry. Scarlett, me and your friends have your back. Believe it or not so does Storm and Stefanos." He says.

"Right." I reply not knowing what to say to him.