Chapter 59: 1st Night

[Ice covered Port Town]

Seeing the sheer numbers of monsters flooding out the snow covered hill, Michael and Sandalphon for a second were shocked by the number of the assaulting monsters as they both shaken off their stunned state and reaffirm their own resolve. While they were reaffirming their resolve, the pathetic looking number of soldiers  stationed on the wall on the other hand finally lost all hope as this number was 10 times much bigger than the previous nights.

"What kind of hell is this?"

"We're gonna die! We're all gonna die!"

"Its hopeless!!!"

"Kuh! Looks like this is the night i die"

While the soldiers were in despair after taking a look at the sheer numbers of monsters charging at the town, Michael one of the two archangel present then quickly ran up a few steps forward as he released a huge fiery torrent of mana in the air suffocating the space around him, and redirecting the flow of his mana towards the sword on his waist.

Taking the swordsman drawing stance, Michael then activated his own rune law of destruction which cause a mark to appear on his right hand causing his whole mana to illuminate in a red fire light. with a deep breath he then counted the distance the monsters have towards his range.

"10 kilometers... 7 Kilometers... 4 kilometers... 1 kilometers!!!"

With each count his mana surrounding his body grew fiercer as his whole body trembled just from suppressing his own power from exploding. However the moment the enemy reached the 1 kilometer range of his attack, Michael finally made a move as he swung his fire imbued sword in a  full 180 degrees with a heat of 4990 Celsius, a heat which is more than enough to completely obliterate all of his enemies in a 1 kilometer half radius.

As the fire made its way to the monsters at the forefront, the first to the twentieth line of the monster formation were completely obliterated from the widespread attack of Michael alone. Unfortunately Michael was only able to take out a 100 from the monsters numbers barely scratching the overall forces. After all the monster charging had a very asymmetrical line formation.

Upon realizing that he only  able to take out as hundred from the monsters forces, Michael then clicked his tongue in dismay as he quickly pulled back his sword to prepare for another attack. But before he could launch another attack, Sandalphon quickly swooshed past him while having her mana coiled all around her whole body like a purple lightning and activating her own rune law of power.

Jumping up high to avoid the magma turned ground as the result of Michael attack, Sandalphon whole mana then glowed purple as she crashed landed right at the enemy forces causing a huge lightning explosions to erupt at the middle of their formation.

After entering the range wherein Michael's attack hadn't reached, Sandalphon then swung her sword in a crazed expression as she took out three huge monster all on her own. Following that she quickly grabbed ahold of the neck of the nearest monster before her and threw it towards the most crowded part of the formation, after disrupting their ranks Sandalphon then sent out a huge torrent of sword wave made out of purple lightning towards the crowded part causing even more explosion.

After taking a closer look at the monsters that were attacking the town, the creatures actually looked like a overgrown lizard with a mix of a mammalian breed. But the most feature in such a creature was the two horns that was sticking out of the monsters forehead.

Such creature with the mix of reptile and mammal weren't the only monsters present, there were even huge ape like monsters with bone horns growing out of its back, three headed white lion with two horns, horned red wolves at the size of a huge truck and with six eyes, and even horned bears twice the size of a grizzly with six arms .