Chapter 124: The City of Mages Avalon II

[City of Avalon]

The next day after, the kingdom in the sky finally arrived at the doorsteps of the city of mages, as Asagi decided to personally descend for this special occasion. As natural some opposed to such an idea due to how much value Asagi had for the stability of the kingdom, but after learning that she need to personally tackle her business in this city, they had no choice but to compromise.

After seeing the overprotectiveness of the archangel time after time she wanted to go out, Asagi thought that she would need to straight things out with them in the near future. After all she wasn't a prisoner that always need to be guarded but also a person herself. But that story  is for the near future.

In the end Asagi herself picked the people who will go with her that she is comfortable with. Primarily she plans to head into the city together with Michael and Ariel alone, but just as she was about to finalize that decision, Amos then begun to intrude as he also wished to join with her and mingle in the city of mages.

As a person who wielded quite a unique magic himself and the fact that such a magnificent city was unprecedented even in his reign and the thrill of adventure, he naturally ordered to let him join the expedition to see the city itself. Since Asagi knew that the Amos is quite a stubborn person himself, she had no choice but to let him join as he wasn't a subordinate under her but instead a type of partner in crime.

Receiving Asagi's permission, Amos then laughed heartedly as he appointed Leon as his guard for this situation. With that the team for the expedition was then decided as they all begun heading down to the surface world.

*********

After touching the land, Asagi then issued everyone to hide their wings as she puts on the cloak she had prepared and led everyone in the icy plains heading towards the southern gate of the city of mages. In order to not set an alarm to the mages inside the city, Asagi and the group landed on the passageway between the two mountains facing the city, as they walked forwards towards the city itself.

The walk itself took about an hour and a half due to how  tricky the landscape is, because of the snow and ice laying on the land, not only is the land slippery, but it was also hard for them to find a solid footing as they traversed the plains. Due to that they had to be extra careful as they moved forward in this land filled with ice and snow.

Not long after they then arrived before the gates of the city, as they noticed a long line of people who wished to enter the city itself. All this people either wore thick fur coats to prevent freezing in this environment or thin rag clothes that seemed to be  from the people who lived outside the city's walls.

Some faces are hopeful to enter the city, while some looked desperate as if they saw an oasis just behind the gates of the city itself.

Since a lot of people are forming a line to enter the city, Asagi and her group then had no choice but to wait in line as they ended up at the tail of the line itself. The line itself moved not to fast nor too slow at all, it seems like the process on entering the city isn't that strict at all, but since this is a foreign land, they cant afford to let down their guard even for a single moment.

After for what seems like 30 minutes, they were then finally in front of the city gates as the seemingly guard of the gates approached them and asked for their identification.

"Identification please"

Realizing that they don't have any form of I.D in this world, Asagi stuttered for a bit as she tried to come up some way of excusing their group. But  before the guards could get suspicious of them, Amos then walked forward as he handed out a wooden plate in the size of his hand towards the guard guarding the gate.