Chapter 94: Battle at the Stone Fortress (West) II

[Stone Fortress, West side of the southern territory]

With the wall sizing about 20 feet from its ground floor and has a width of about 3 meter long, enough to have at least two huge guards roaming around from opposite direction, such a huge wall was currently heavy guarded by the warriors of the southern tribe facing the hostile army of the west at the foot of the mountain.

Taking every scenery in front of them while highly observing their surroundings due to the thick cold fog, the warriors on the wall kept their senses sharp in order to not get ambu8sh in every direction. However not all the guards are the same in every places in the wall, some were lax, while others are attentive. After all the enemy haven't attacked for about a week now which bored the hell out of some people for the lack of any suspense in the operation.

With seven days of no activity but repeated cycle of guarding the wall back and forth, it was natural that they would let go of their guard due to having their adrenaline calm down from the excitement of fear and wariness from its prior days. Unknown to everyone in the stone fortress, this was exactly what the enemies were aiming at for the past days of inactivity.

Once the southern warriors let down their guard which would quickly reveal a huge opening to the hostile forces, such a time would be a perfect time for a sudden attack which would literally catch them off guard. reflecting that moment some of the western warriors successfully climb up the wall as they begun attacking the lax guards roaming around from behind.

Ambushing from behind about 2 to 3 western warriors gang up on one guard as they stabbed him in three directions. One aimed at his back, the other at his side, while the last of the three circled around and and stabbed its heart. After a qui8te a few struggles, the guard's body finally went limp as he died from having his heart stabbed straight by the invading enemies sword.

Once the guard died without even letting out a single scream of help, the western warriors then quickly picked up its body as they threw him off the wall to fall to the bottom of the cliff.  As if the first death of the guard was the signal of attack from the western army, more western tribal warriors jumped over the wall as they begun eliminating the lax guards in silence and cover of the fog.

*********

At the same time the 6 leaders in the meeting room begun their talk as the guards in fully armored from head to toe stood still from behind them. Every each and one of these guards who wore a helmet were specifically picked by this leaders from their side of their army in order to guard the room for any intruders and leak of information.

About a total of 12 guards are stationed all over the room, while about 6 more are stationed just outside the rooms door. Even thought they cant see this guards faces, they trust them so much due to the fact that they wore the same color hue as they're territory's army. Taking not that the southern tribes use the blue color hue, while the west has green color hue, red for the north, and white for the east.

This is done in order to differentiate which territory a tribal person came from. In fact they're armor color isn't the only thing that has such color pattern, even their birth tattoos are colored as a sign of being part of the tribe at an early age.

With everything in set, they then begun they're talk.

50th Tribal chief: "Any news or report coming from anyone's side?"

49th Tribal chief: "None yet as of the moment, it is still the same old news... the western army still haven't shown any movements yet based on the reports on the guards stationed on the wall"

50th Tribal Chief: "What about our scouts that we have sent down to spy on their camp?"

40th Tribal Chief: "Still no news from them"