Chapter 154: The Signs Of Death

[Western Continent]

Walking in the desert is a very dangerous task, this is not because such place is home for monsters of unknown  or people who have gone feral and lost their sense of humanity, but rather due to the environment itself. Basically another person or creature is not the enemy of the people who lived here  but rather nature itself.

Hot weather far hotter than Arizona, unprecedented danger from dunes and sandstorm, poisonous animals hiding beneath the surface of the land, and treacherous plants who flourish the corpse of creatures that died in the desert. Because of the nature of the desert, this place is heralded as the land of the dead since the very landscapes of this place were formed on top of the dead and decomposed bodies of the fallen from a very long time ago.

In this moment in this very harsh land, Asagi and her long trail of party members then traveled the land as they find some clue on what this western land is all about. It's been three days since the exploration itself had started and during this three days, many things happened in the land which left a deep impression to the hero and all his classmates that they will never forget.

In the first night, they experienced the harsh coldness of the desert which even made their body chill deep within their bones. If not for them being trained to  sleep outdoors and make fire in the dead of night, the hero and his group wouldn't be able to manage to make it through and somewhat endure the coldness of the desert. But the coldness of the night desert isn't the only controversy that theyvhad to face, they also faced the other harshness of nature as mosquitoes and poisonous creatures crept up to them during their sleep.

There was even one scenario where the girls woke awake shouting as they felt an spider crawl up to their body while they were sleeping. Upon noticing such spider crawling up to them in the size of their palm, a havoc naturally occurred as they all jumped scared which then in turn woke up the boys of the class and further create even more chaos.

As for Asagi and her archangels she couldn't help but cut her sleeping hour as the the whole class itself literally made her stay awake from all the chaos. As for the coldness of the desert night, she was not affected by it at all since she had applied magic of her own to balance the temperature of her body and the temperature of the environment around her.

On the second day, thirst then overcame the whole class which then in turn caused their march to slow down a bit due to some of hero Sato's classmate lagging behind. In the end they occasionally took some breaks in between their march in order for them to not acquire heatstroke from overworking themselves and the temperature combined.

Such problem persist till the present as everyone silently march through the dunes without speaking to each other at  all. This is done so that they can somewhat conserve some energy and not tire themselves out. In fact this was the first time that the hero and his classmates suffer thirst ti such a degree.

Their throat was parched, their skin was dry, and even their lips begun to shed from the dryness of the temperature. The only person who doesn't seemed affected by all of this was Asagi and her archangels.

At first they question her on why she wasn't affected by all of this, however Asagi's answer was always complicated, it was as if she doesn't want anyone to know her secret at all. In the end they concluded that they were both of different species despite both looking part human. Since they are different species, they naturally have a different temperament to such changes in environment.

In that moment while they were all walking silently, Nakamura, one of their classmates quickly shouted out, as he saw buildings at the far out into the horizon. Of course if there were building, there will be naturally native people of the land living there, so if there is native people, then the likeliness of a well being there is not impossible at all.