Chapter 151: The Hand Of Death II

[Western Continent]

Deserts, deserts cover more than one-fifth of  the western continent's land area, and they are found on every places in the continent. A place that receives less than 25 centimeters (10 inches) of rain per year is considered a desert. Deserts are part of a wider class of regions called drylands. These areas exist under a "moisture deficit," which means they can frequently lose more moisture through evaporation than they receive from annual precipitation. Despite the common conceptions of deserts as hot, there are cold deserts as well.

In this moment at the time when the desert is really humid, a single cloaked figure could be seen weakly walking along the sand dunes, as it tried to travel somewhere with an intent in mind. Of course as much as possible it tried to avoid any people of the land, in order to not repeat its mistake it had done in the previous place it had visited.

It's past mistake was caused by its naivety towards the power it held, and the moment it had realized its power, everything was already destroyed and about 2 towns were already wiped clean from the face of the world. The first incident was caused by its naivety, the second incident was caused by his trying to get help, both of the incident led to every person in the town dying and nothing was left and no life would ever spawn in such places ever again. That was one of the reason why it is now trying to avoid places with people.

Another reason why it tried to avoid people so much is because the previous two incidents didn't go unnoticed to the people who held power in this continent, basically the people who have authority. The moment the incident was learned and some witnesses from afar saw a cloaked figure amidst the dead, he was then regarded as a criminal of the land is currently on the hunt for the cloaked figure.

Its bounty had reached to a total of 300,000 gold, be brought in either dead or alive. Due to that any people who saw an opportunity to rise in fame to successfully hunt the infamous cloaked figure or any people who is greedy for money, then applied for the hunt, as they begun to march across the land. Of course most of them are mercenaries of the land, so such an easy job of hunting him down in exchange for a high reward was like a sweet deal to them. What's more the people who posted his bounty for the mercenaries to get involve were none other than the people in the authority in politics or better yet mayor's of the specific towns.

With him being hunted down and the fact that he's presence causes death, he then has more reason to avoid life which explains why he was wandering the desert alone.

However despite him trying to be covert as much as possible, a single eagle flew above him, as it shrieks loudly before flying away after sensing death approaching it. As the eagle flew away from danger, it then passed through the wide dessert, unto the rocky plains, above the mountains, and reaching the cliff where a group of soldiers were on stand by as if waiting for the eagle itself. After getting a clear spot for landing, the eagle then dived down unto the cliff, as its body churned and it quickly transmuted back into a human being full of armor with brown skin and black hair.

"Captain!"

Seeing some soldiers taking a salute at him, the guy who had just transmuted back into a human and was called captain, then looked at the soldier who saluted at him, before easing the soldier up.

"At ease"

"Sir yes sir!"

*********
Ester

Male

38 years old

Captain of the Tekoa Captain Brigade
*********

After the soldiers eased themselves, Ester then picked up his stuff as he commanded his brigade.