Chapter 152: The Hand Of Death III

[Tekoa Townhall]

Located at the huge Townhall of the town of Tekoa, made from sand, gravel, cement, wood, and little bit of steel, mayor Zoabi is currently pacing back and forth along his podium dedicated to him, as he recount the report that he had received.

"So your telling me that you have found the target and yet your first action towards such discovery is to leave I and return here? Are you crazy? Why didnt you go after it?"

"I was thinking about you mayor! I was thinking that I needed to have you know of our findings beforehand.... since you will be the one that will lead the town into prosperity with your ways, it is only right that I thought of informing you as priority"

Hearing Captain Ester's explanation, Mayor Zoabi couldn't even decide whether he should be thankful that Ester is loyal to him or regard him as stupid, after all he did leave the target behind, such a move was akin to leaving the prey that took them so much effort to find.

"Whatever! But you should have never left your eyes on the target... but I will pardon you this time since your loyal to me, but i won't tolerate a second mistake, do you understand that captain"

"I understand!" Replied by Ester as he bowed his head

Accordingly Mayor Zoabi turned to look at Rueben who was by his side as he nodded at that certain person. As if realizing it's real intent, Rueben lightly bowed in accordance as he understood what it meant.

"I want you to return to the field Captain! This time capture the target, do not come back here if you haven't captured the target, returning here without the target is akin to betrayal to my jurisdiction"

"Understood mayor!"

"Good! Now dismiss"

As mayor Zoabi said those words, Captain Ester stood up as he bowed his head once more, before it hurried out of the Townhall itself. Following him from behind Rueben took one last look at Mayor Zoabi before he took off alongside his Captain.

When they left Jabarin came close to mayor Zoabi as he said.

"Even though he is loyal, Captain Ester still lack a lot of things in regards to accomplishing his mission, above all else it seems like his morale is somewhat held way higher in regards to his ambition, are you sure you can control such a person?"

"I can! As long as you show him a person with right ambition in which he would look up to, then you can control him"

"But what if his own morale overwrites his loyalty to you, what if he would think on his own two feet and not blindly follow you?"

"Then if such situation arises, then there's not much to say but I would have to let him go, a person who can't be controlled is good as a dead person"

"I see"

While both Jabarin and Zoabi were talking inside the room, Captain Ester and Rueben just got out of the establishment as they came to pass bye the four elite members that are under commander Jabarin. While Captain Ester bowed down in respect to the people who are in higher position than him, Rueben on the other hand stayed silent as he stared back at the elite members.

But instead of getting insulted from the person staring back at them, the elite members under Jabarin simply snickered as they watched Rueben get close to them. Apparantly the four members of the elite group knew  Rueben from way back since they were childhood. To be exact they both acknowledge and despise Rueben, after all he is a very cunning opportunistic person.

Because of Rueben's attitude on how he always go for open opportunities if presented to him, they then somewhat have mixed feelings in regards to his way of doing things. One primary example is that there were two candidates for the assistant officer of the captain brigade in the town of Tekoa, thus in order to secure that position himself, Rueben killed the other candidate in an indirectly manner.