Chapter 162: The Storm In The Desert II

[Western Continent, Vast Desert]

As the battle grew fiercer even more, Asmaveth held on tight in between the Scorpioche's carapace, as he witnessed his undead creature smacked down Ester with a choke slam. However due to the lion's mane, the Scorpioche's pincers weren't able to penetrate to its skin, as this gave leeway for Ester to morph once more and turn back quickly into a human, before he went under the Scorpioche and morphed into a huge snake that blew it down  under.

Biting down on the hard carapace of the Scorpioche, Ester then threw it towards the sand dune, as Asmaveth flew off the Scorpioche's back when it crashed landed. Of course Ester saw this opportunity as he quickly slither towards Asmaveth in quick pace, only to be stopped when the Scorpioche suddenly slammed its arm towards his head.

Luckily for Ester, he was able to stop just right in time, as he saw the arm fell in front of him, and dust accumulate all over the place. But as if using the sand as a cover for its attack, the Scorpioche suddenly jumped out of the sand, as it slammed against Ester and pushed him down at the foot of the sand dune. 

Upon seeing this, Asmaveth felt a complicated feeling inside his chest. as he screamed out towards the creature he has conjured and even attempted to help it out against Ester. However the moment Asmaveth aimed his power towards Ester, he suddenly realized that he was attempting to actually kill a person under his own will and recognition. After all, throughout his time when he received this powers, he had no intention to actually kill any person with his power that could harm others, All the kills he had accumulated along the way, were done unwillingly or when he least expect it.

So despite his record of kills, he had never actually killed a person consciously and willingly, all the kills he had accumulated were all done passively. With that, this will be the first time that Asmaveth would willingly use his own power against other people.

When he thought of this, his hands begun to shake intensely, as his morality begun to reason out of him in regard to actually killing a person life. After all this is life that we are talking about and the experience of first kill would leave a heavy impression on him. The choices was stacked on him. Will he choose to stay human if he doesn't kill the person he is targeting or will he turn into a monster if he actually decides to kill the target.

As Asmaveth was pondering about this, Ester attacked the Scorpioche once more with heavier attacks, which caused its carapace to show signs of breaking apart. Just like that, he had downed the Scorpioche once more, as it sprawled all over the sand and was somewhat in a half knock out state.

When the Scorpioche  got slammed down once more, Asmaveth then snapped back into reality, as he realized that he had actually hesitated to attack Ester. Because of his mistake, Rueben then used this chance, as he popped out from the dune from afar, and fired off its bolt towards Asmaveth.

In just one shot, Asmaveth was blown back by the force of the bolt fired, as his shoulder got punctured, which cause his whole body to take a recoil and fall down.

This actually came in a surprise, never did Asmaveth thought, that someone would snipe him down like that. So when Rueben aimed towards Asmaveth once more, his whole body then tensed up, as he saw Rueben from afar, which caused the Scorpioche to mistaken him  being in danger, and hurriedly blocked the following projectile aimed his way.

Surprised that his undead Scorpioche  actually protected him, he was even more surprised when he as how fast it reacts, when it saw Ester popped out of the sand and used its pincers to hold him down and fighting against the will of the world. For the first time since forever, Asmaveth felt helplessness.

Using its whole body to defend itself against Ester  and Rueben's attacks, Asmaveth felt despair even more as he realized that he was slowly losing the only thing he currently cares right in front of him. but despite his plea to defend itself, the Scorpioche kept him under his body, as he blocked the attacks from above and guarded from the attacks from below with its innate skill to detect anything within the sand approaching their direction.