Chapter 63: 2nd Night (Red Demon)

[Ice covered Port Town]

Upon seeing a genuine red demon right in front of him, Michael was then speechless for a moment before he finally snaps out of it and draws his fiery sword in a slash. Seeing through his slight opening from when Michael was shocked, the red demon then effectively parried away the former's initial attack as it then quickly countered back with a sword swing.

Upon seeing that quick counter, Michael then instantly pulled back his head barely dodging the counter swing, as it then switched the handling of his sword into a back hand position and raised to block the red demon quick follow up on his right.

Using the force of the demon's swing, Michael then gritted his teeth as he slid the surface of his sword against the demon's sword, causing spark and redirect the flow of his opponents sword to his left. After doing that he then crouched down on his knee to a perfect 90 degrees as he spun a full reverse 360 and swung his sword upwards followed by a wave of fire aura coming from his sword and rune law of destruction.

Unfortunately despite that effort, the red demon actually reacted in time from his attempted assault and dodged to the side by flying away with its wings. However despite not hitting the red demon, Michael's attack was so destructive that it instead incinerated the demonic beast wave behind the previous direction of the red demon. Nevertheless the red demon itself showed no signs of remorse for its allies as it simply licked its lips while laughing at the missed opportunity of the archangel.

Hearing the laugh Michael felt humiliated by the demon, causing him to groan in annoyance. Just by its laugh alone, it was no wonder why angels and demons never coexist to begin with. Plus the only plausible way why often times it is depicted that demons and angels coexist in some fantasies is all because of their leaders, through documents and politics, aside form that everything is a red zone.

Without waiting for any staggering response, Michael then coated himself with bright flames serving as his destructive armor and closed the gap between the red demon and himself in a single flap. Due to that action the demon itself was surprised, but due to its instincts it then blocked Michael opening slash as it hastily ran away into the skies while firing off numerous red beams from its mouth. Seemingly a tactic called kiting.

In faced of this beams, Michael nimbly dodged all of it with the use of swift maneuvering in the air, as it slowly closes it between. In just a few seconds, Michael successfully closes the gap as he swung down his sword.

Due to the unexpected turn of events, the red demon raises up its sword to block the archangel's attack, but was then blown back to the ground due to the force that Michael inhibited in his swing. In just one attack, Michael had shot down a demon out of the air.

Stretching out his hand, Michael then gathered a huge amount of fire mana in his palm as he begun to cast a destructive spell.

"Nova!!"

Compressing his attack into a single ball, he then shot off such a spell towards the demon in a blink of an eye, causing a huge explosion as destructive as a tactical bomb but as hot as a simple supernova of a star. Just by it's heat alone, it literally incinerated all the demonic beast at the range of half a kilometer and melted all of the hostiles at another half.

However with Michael's precise control over his rune law of destruction which he infused his spell, he was able to minimize the damage to the demonic beast alone and protect the town, what's more Sandalphon can use her rune law of power to literally protect the town on her own for safe keeping.

With that red demon out of the way, Michael then planned to go back to his post and once more block the demonic wave, but before he could even do such a thing, three more red demon appeared from afar as they stared menacingly towards Michael for killing their own kind.