Chapter 98: Battle at the Beast Grave Canyon (East)

[Beast Grave Canyon]

Beast grave canyon is just as it name depicts. it has the measure of 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (6,093 feet or 1,857 meters). Just by its size alone, a person can only perceive a silhouette of another person from the other side of the canyon. That just how big the canyon is.

The name itself was given due to a certain event that happened in the past. According to legends of the northern people during the era wherein the beasts ruled over the land of ice and snow, the earlier natives of the land passed through the east side of the northern continent towards the south side of the northern continent with goal in escaping the monster stampede happening during those times.

Those times monster stampeded were just horrible to the point that the numbers of the monster were far greater from the total population of its native humans. Such a scenery was truly horrific.

By crossing the vast plains back then, the earlier people then used some kind of powerful voodoo magic in order to cut off the pathway between the east and south, thus the canyon was formed. Due to the catastrophic destruction from the forming of the canyon due to magic and sacrifice of one person, a lot of monster and beast were killed in the process , thus falling to their deaths from the darkness below. Thus the name Beast grave canyon.

However that was just a legend passed down by their ancestor, there are still no further supporting proof that such a thing happened in the past. If the scientist of earth were to given a chance to investigate it, one can be sure the explanation would only just be because of the movement of tectonic plates. Nevertheless the beast grave canyon is still one of the major sites of the northern continent due to its legend and history.

Unfortunately this grand site which should have been held as an important must protect and preserved major site is now being held as a strategic point in the battle between the eastern tribes and the southern tribes.

In comparison to the attack in the stone fortress on the west, the battle in the east have been going on for about five days now. The first day both armies from the east and south had gathered in their respective side and were now preparing for war. As the southern tribes prepared for their defensive structure such as the fence and mud wall, the eastern tribes on the other hand were preparing their weapons for a major charge.

Plus all of their forces aren't laid out around all over the canyon but rather concentrated on the only one area which connect both sides of the canyon. "The bridge" that's what the tribal natives call it, the only pathway connecting both sides of the  canyon. No one even knows how such bridge was made  or how was it formed and be intact despite the distance of the canyon from one side to another.

In fact the existence of the bridge completely denies the legend their ancestors foretold, nevertheless there could be a lot of speculations on how the bridge was formed. Due to only having one bridge, all of the forces between the east and south were gathered into this specific point as this area will be the place were the battle would happen.

The bridge which is made of the northern continent natural material span about of 2,023 metres (6,637 ft), quite similar in the size of Çanakkale Bridge in Turkey back on earth. Due to how wide this bridge is, multiple heavy machinery can be lined up in the bridge for both defensive and offensive maneuver.

The second day All forms of war equipment arrived for both sides, such as tamed beast, catapults, fences, siege machines, Shielders, and many more. However the stark difference between the two sides is the number of tamed beast and monster each side possess. Due to the east having abundance of monsters and beast in comparison to the south, the east side naturally have the upper hand in terms of such category.