Chapter 121: Night of the New Years Eve

[Azure Kingdom]

A few days have passed, it was then that time of the year. The day wherein Asagi is fully preparing for ever since the Christmas event happened, the new years eve. In many countries, New Year's Eve is celebrated with dancing, eating, drinking, and watching or lighting fireworks. Some Christians attend a watch night service. The celebrations generally go on past midnight into New Year's Day, 1 January.

Back on earth many countries, New Year's celebrations begin on the evening of December 31—New Year's Eve—and continue into the early hours of January 1. Revelers often enjoy meals and snacks thought to bestow good luck for the coming year. In Spain and several other Spanish-speaking countries, people bolt down a dozen grapes-symbolizing their hopes for the months ahead-right before midnight. In many parts of the world, traditional New Year's dishes feature legumes, which are thought to resemble coins and herald future financial success; examples include lentils in Italy and black-eyed peas in the southern United States.

Because pigs represent progress and prosperity in some cultures, pork appears on the New Year's Eve table in Cuba, Austria, Hungary, Portugal and other countries. Ring-shaped cakes and pastries, a sign that the year has come full circle, round out the feast in the Netherlands, Mexico, Greece and elsewhere. In Sweden and Norway, meanwhile, rice pudding with an almond hidden inside is served on New Year's Eve; it is said that whoever finds the nut can expect 12 months of good fortune.

Other customs that are common worldwide include watching fireworks and singing songs to welcome the new year, including the ever-popular "Auld Lang Syne" in many English-speaking countries. All of this will naturally appear in the festivities that will happen during the night, it will be one of the busiest time she will ever do ever since she became a queen.

Of course new years history goes way back in time, It is even recorded that the new year festivities originated from the romans. The early Roman calendar consisted of 10 months and 304 days, with each new year beginning at the vernal equinox; according to tradition, it was created by Romulus, the founder of Rome, in the eighth century B.C. A later king, Numa Pompilius, is credited with adding the months of Januarius and Februarius. 

Over the centuries, the calendar fell out of sync with the sun, and in 46 B.C. the emperor Julius Caesar decided to solve the problem by consulting with the most prominent astronomers and mathematicians of his time. He introduced the Julian calendar, which closely resembles the more modern Gregorian calendar that most countries around the world use today.

As part of his reform, Caesar instituted January 1 as the first day of the year, partly to honor the month's namesake: Janus, the Roman god of beginnings, whose two faces allowed him to look back into the past and forward into the future. Romans celebrated by offering sacrifices to Janus, exchanging gifts with one another, decorating their homes with laurel branches and attending raucous parties. 

In medieval Europe, Christian leaders temporarily replaced January 1 as the first of the year with days carrying more religious significance, such as December 25 (the anniversary of Jesus' birth) and March 25 (the Feast of the Annunciation); Pope Gregory XIII reestablished January 1 as New Year's Day in 1582.

So that's the reason why new years eve is so special even back in her old world, since it is a sign or signal for a new beginning. One famous catchphrase for such day is "The beginning after the end" meaning new year's eve is the beginning after the end of the previous year full of challenges. That is the reason why everyone expect new things to happen in the following years in comparison to the previous events.

*********
[Estia Kingdom]

As the kingdom in the sky prepared for such a joyous celebration of welcoming a new year, another major event on the other hand begun to unveil itself in the kingdom of Estia. The moment the sun sets on the horizon, the horn of rebellion arose among the army prepared by the nobles which are against the royalty, as the army prepared begun attacking the royal army and military.