Chapter 164: In The Face Of Death

[City of Anvil]

Its been a day or two since Asagi and the rest of the hero's party are following the trail of death which exudes a strong stench of deathly aura. Just like what agreed upon, this group consists of Asagi, Azrael, Jophiel, Hero Sato, Takahashi, Ban, Hino, and Fujino. with this members in a group, they then returned back to the surface as they followed the trail of death that is slowly spreading throughout this land .

They went to many places, abandoned caves, empty temple, along the hot desert, and even some meadow plains. However they cant seem to pinpoint the exact origin of this deathly aura. Just as when all hopes is lost, Azrael then finally spoke up as he admitted that he can pinpoint the exact origin location of the deathly aura due to his affinity with the said death. Upon hearing that Asagi completely went ballistic as she complained non-stop on how could Azrael kept silent this whole time, while everyone were going mad in searching for it.

Due to that Azrael apologized sincerely for his tardy manner, as he mistakenly believed that everyone could find it without him speaking up. Because of that, Asagi walked away for a moment as she cooled her head, before ordering Azrael to lead the way.

Naturally with Azrael at the lead, they were able to easily find the direction in which the deathly aura left its trail,, as they bypassed another long land of deserted area and experienced being attacked by the local monsters in the area. They were attacked by huge Scorpioche, Golems, Huge snakes, and even desert monster which is named as desert devils due to their horrendous appearance. But with the strength of the whole group and the help of the hero's party, no monsters were a challenge as they all fell before them.

In this moment before continuing on their way to the origin place of the deathly aura, Asagi suggested that they should rest first at an inn in the nearest city, the moment she saw the city of Anvil at the edge of the horizon. With that, they took a detour and stayed in the city for the day, which leads to the current scenario wherein they are inside the bustling city, full of people.

No matter where they look, this city is completely filled with people in all direction. It was so filled that one can even mistake it for a commercial city or the capital city of this country.

"Alright! Just like how the generic trope goes, we should all look for an inn first before dismissing the party, so with that... lets go find our inn" said by Asagi with full of excitement.

 After all this will be the first time that she would experience sleeping on an inn. Additionally since both Azrael and Jophiel isn't that actually strict at her, unlike some archangels she knew, she can fully experience adventuring without some constant lectures from her archangels on how she need to maintain her image.

With it they soon arrived before the infamous inn in the city with the help of asking around from the local citizens of the land. Of course upon entering the establishment, the other eyes of some guest and staff turned towards them, as they saw some weird looking people entering the building. Since they were wearing cloaks on top of their disguises, some people naturally taught of them as travelers who were going from one place after another in their journey. Since because of that, they naturally can attract attention of other people who took interest in them.

Upon reaching the counter, Asagi pulled along Hero Sato as she talked to him on what to do next while attending the staff members.

"Good morning travelers, welcome to our humble inn, how can we help you?" 

"We just want a room! a room to stay for the day"

"Oh we do have that!"

"Great! give us 3 huge rooms for our group"