Chapter 109: Demonic Wave

[Stone Fortress, West]

After the sacrifice had been made, a huge magic circle appeared before the blood colored orb which then soon shone brightly as a huge red magic circle appeared before  it. Following the appearance of the huge magic circle, a violent quake then erupted unto the camp, causing panic to spread out towards the surroundings, and forced everyone near the bead to evacuate at the end of their army campsite.

Once the western warriors took a considerable distance away from the magic circle, a howling scream vibrated towards the surface, as it strike fear towards anyone who heard the howl. The howl itself sounded demonic that came from the depths of the earth, no beast could even compare to such howl. that to itself was like a declaration of some beast in regards to the upcoming doom.

After the howl ended, a scary looking arm with claws appeared out from the orb as it tried to pull all of its body up to the surface worlds itself. After a few struggle the demonic beast then finally pulled itself out as it screamed towards the surrounding and brandished its claws.

The demonic itself was incomparable to anything Adriel have seen. Its skin was red like blood, its claws were as sharp as swords, its tongue was as long as a snake, its body was as thin as a malnutritioned person, and the way it move was like human crawling in all four. But the most noticeable characteristic of this demonic beast is that such a monster  have no eyes at all, it was like such creature mainly rely on sound, vibrations, and heat to detect its prey.

But since the Adriel had formed a contract with the albino demon, the demonic beast simply glanced at then stationed western army, before turning its head towards the sharp cliff of the stone fortress and begun charging towards it. Following the appearance of the demonic beast, the other of the same of its kind then climb out of the orb in quick succession as it rushes along the demonic beast in front of it

Soon after the cliff itself was filled with demonic beast climbing it with their sharp claws, as they bore their hostility towards the warriors stationed at the fortress. Since four warriors were sacrificed, it is then expected that the orb would produce about 400 of such creature to attack the stone fortress. With such staggering number, it will only be a matter of time before the fortress would then be sieged.

*********

At the same time Tetra was currently walking around the front port of the fortress, just right behind the wall facing the cliff, as she observed the warriors walking back and forth as they try to fix all the damage done to the fortress using any minimal materials. As she was watching such procedure, a person twice her height then stood beside her as its shadows completely covered her as a whole.

"What are you doing here? isn't your place somewhere else?" asked by Duncan, the 36th tribal chief, as he stood tall towering beside her

"... I'm here to observe everything, making sure that nothing is amiss" answered by Tetra

"Amiss? there cant possibly go wrong here now that I'm monitoring this place... just admit that your troubled by something"

"I wont say that I'm troubled... i just felt unease... its like something terrible might happen at any moment"

"... As i said, that is impossible... even though we suffered much in their sudden attack, we did somehow able to drive them back and kill a number of them when they are fleeing... it would take time before they can regroup and attack once more"

"I just hope your right"

For some reason Tetra felt unease ever since she heard the howling scream down below the cliff. The scream itself was too loud to the point that everyone in the fortress were alerted by such sound. In fact they even prepared themselves for a fight if such monster were to appear before them.