Chapter 140: The Heart of Eternal Frost VII

[City of Avalon]

Snow, an accumulation of packed ice crystals, and the condition of the snowpack determines a variety of qualities, such as color, temperature, and water equivalent. Ice, water in its frozen, solid form. Ice often forms on lakes, rivers and the ocean in cold weather. It can be very thick or very thin. It occurs as frost, snow, sleet and hail. Frost, a water vapor, or water in gas form, that becomes solid. Frost usually forms on objects like vehicles, windows, and plants that are outside in air that is saturated, or filled, with moisture. Tundra, an ecosystems are treeless regions found in the Arctic and cold area of the world, where the climate is cold and windy, and rainfall is scant.

Waking up in such land, Asagi breath's heavily as she felt the ice and snow burden down on her shoulders. Forcing her eyelids to open despite the frost forming all over her body like a mummified being, Asagi slowly moved her aching body , as she put one hand on top of another pile of snow.

Everything happened in an instant, there was literally no time for them to even act to defend themselves. For the first time since she had been brought to this world, Asagi was helpless.

Slowly looking at her surrounding, Asagi could see that everywhere she look, snow, frost, and ice had literally covered the land. Even the proud barrier than Albion had erected had been broken through, causing many of its citizens within the walls get caught up in the explosion and greatly damaging the city.

There were pile of snow around her, but amidst those snow lays the body of the people who wasn't able to escape and got caught by the attack of the Cryophoenix.

Upon feeling the temperature of her body slowly decreasing, Asagi slowly opened up her palm as she tried to cast a fire spell while shivering in this cold temperature. But no matter how much she tried to cast a spell, her constant shivering always interrupt the process of casting, causing her magic to always fail in the process.

"F-fire! F-fire! F-fire! F-fire! P-please L-l-light up... F-fire! F-fire!"

Due to constant fail on executing her magic, followed by the fact that she was slowly losing consciousness from the freezing temperature of her surroundings, Asagi slowly cried out, as tears formed at the edge of her eyes, as she begged her own magic to be casted successfully. But due to the freezing temperature, her tears turned into ice in a manner of seconds, as it formed as a painful blockage in her eyes, which instead cause her pain in the end.

In that moment of helplessness, a cold breath swept pass behind her, as she froze in her place, before she slowly turned her head towards the area behind her. The moment she did so, she then saw the huge eyes of the Cryophoenix looking directly towards her, as it eyes exudes a cold temperament similar to how its body was formed in accordance to coldness. There was devoid of mercy in the eyes of the monster, due to that Asagi couldn't help but show a slight fear before it as she witness the monster slowly tower over her like a gigantic being emerging out from the depths of the earth.

As its shadow greatly looms over the area, it then begun gathering mana unto the tip of its beak, as the Cryophoenix attempt to launch such spell towards the sole person who woke up after it casted a terrifying attack.

Upon seeing the white light gathering at the tip of the Cryophoenix beak, and the fact that she couldn't lift a single finger to defend herself, she then slowly accepted her fate, as Asagi directly stared at the white light that is being aimed right towards her.

"Ah! so this is where it ends"

As Asagi thought of this in her mind, she then saw the blinding white light slowly descend upon her, as she slowly closes her eyes and accepted her death that was coming her way. In fact she never expected thing to happen this way at all, she had full confidence that she could ground the Cryophoenix and bring about the end of this destruction. However never did she expected that such monster could wield such terrifying capabilities which even overwhelmed her archangels.