Chapter 141: The Heart of Eternal Frost VIII

[City of Avalon]

The moment Asagi made her throw, the Cryophoenix then suddenly felt the looming feeling of death, as it quickly casted multiple layers in front of it, in order to fend the thrown spear. However the spear itself has one specific trait why it is considered as a powerful weapon in the legends and mythology, and the reason for it to be quite famous towards the Irish people in regards to ulster mythology.

As the spear designated as the "spear of mortal pain/death" wielded by both Cu Chulainn and Scáthach in the Irish mythology. Such spear itself has a reputation of never missing its target. Whenever the spear is thrown or used for a direct attack, the spear itself would always direct its aim towards the opponents heart, without even missing a single beat.

So when Asagi threw Gae Bulg towards the Cryophoenix, the spear itself directed it course towards the monster's heart, as it crashed unto its barrier and forced it way through the thick layer of defenses without even losing any momentum. As if the spear has a will of its own, its force only grew stronger, as it tried to aim successfully towards its intended target.

Even the Cryophoenix felt the dread in the situation, as it shriek hard and tried to puts its focus in the barrier, while being attacked by everyone all around her. Relying on the toughness of its body, the Cryophoenix raised its aura once more to blow away any people who cant contend against it, which would give it a leeway to fully focus in its defense and attempt to suppress the force of the spear.

Unfortunately as a spear of legend and myth, the spear never gave in, as it contended against the aura of the Cryophoenix, and greatly enhances its penetrating force.

In that moment as if the whole world suddenly turned silent, everyone then heard the sound of breaking glass, as they all turned towards the the point of collision from the spear and the barrier and saw the spear slowly piercing through the barrier itself.

Naturally this caused the Cryophoenix eyes to panic, as it eyes t6ured into a dot and tried to further enhance its barrier. However no matter what it do, the spear itself just kept on going as its tip finally punctured through the barrier, and currently forcing all of its parts to break through it.

The moment the tip of the spear broke through the barrier, the Cryophoenix was then submerge into a state of further panic, as it quickly opened up its wings in an attempt to fly away to safety. But the moment the Cryophoenix did such a thing, it somehow came to forgot the other variables in its way as Michael, Sandalphon, Ariel, Uriel, and Gabriel released their powers and begun attacking the Cryophoenix over its body.

As Ariel struck its stomach, Uriel then struck its back, followed by Gabriel attacking its limbs, and Sandalphon striking down its head, lastly but not the least Michael cutting down its wings causing the Cryophoenix to fall down back to the ground.

Falling down from grace, the Cryophoenix then looked grimly at the spear aimed towards it, as it saw it barrier finally breaking down from the force of the spear, as it made its way through to it in the air, before striking straight to its body, ignoring all manner of layered defenses on its skin, and successfully piercing through its heart.

The moment its heart was pierced through, the Cryophoenix felt an immense sensation of pain, as it was unable to cry out loud, as the curse of Gae Bulg slowly took its life.

From the direction where its heart was pierced, blue veins spread out its body, as tears of purple blood popped out from all its pores, and the Cryophoenix bleeding through its eyes. This was the curse of death, whoever the spear pierced through, death is guaranteed for the target

Convulsing down on the ground, the Cryophoenix tried to detonate itself as it final hurrah, before Michael suddenly flew from above, and directly cuts off its head with its flame sword. With its head cuts off, the head itself rolled all over the ground, leaving a trail of purple blood from the curse of the spear, and everyone anticipating its next move.