o1 || dustin

Hawkins, Indiana 1985

"Mom, please, please, please! You don't understand how important this is to me!" A young, 8th grade Dustin Henderson pleaded towards his mother who was clipping two twenty dollar bills to the fridge with a mickey mouse magnet.

"Dustin, your sister already asked to have friends over! Can't they come over Saturday night?" She bargained with her son in a sympathetic tone.

Dustin emitted a scoff of a laugh before shaking his head, "Do you want to be the one to tell Eddie Munson to change the beginning of his newest campaign?" Dustin lightly grabbed at his mother's shoulders in a last ditch effort to communicate his dungeons and dragons woes.

"Your friend Eddie can be a little . . . intense, can't he?" She spoke slightly under her breath, "Why don't you just ask your sister if it's okay? Her friends will probably be out at the new pool anyways so I'm sure she wouldn't mind!" Passing the buck off to her daughter sounded like the easiest way to get Dustin off her case so she could head to the airport.

"Really mom? That's how it's going to be?" He stared at her in mild disbelief, but he now knew what his next battle would be; convincing Delilah Henderson to share her party time with the Hellfire Club. He couldn't help but gulp as he quickly turned on his heels.

As Dustin approached his older half sister's bedroom, he could hear Joan Jett bumping softly against the quietness of the rest of the house. He cleared his throat before taking long strides down the hall, past his bedroom and the bathroom, then there it was; Delilah Henderson's dwellings. Dustin and his sister used to be very close, as close as brother and sister could be of course. Things changed about four years ago, but Dustin never dared bring it up to her. He shoved those thoughts from his mind before refocusing on the task at hand. His hand rapped against the wooden door in front of him, covered with various female singer posters. Dustin couldn't rightfully remember the last time he had seen the inside of his sister's bedroom which made this situation much more daunting.

"Come in!" His sister's voice rang out surprisingly quickly. Most commonly she would be smoking something and have to spray perfume like a mad woman before answering to a knock on her door.

Dustin lightly turned the knob and pushed open the door, revealing a much more mild version of his sister's bedroom. More band posters, this time more along the lines of The Cure and The Smiths. Her bed was messy, a basic black comforter rolled up in a ball in the corner. As he took a step into the room, he noticed her vanity, covered with various pictures. Some of them were of the two of them together and a pang of happiness hit Dustin's heart at the sight. The rest were of her and her old friends, Nancy and Barb and Robin. Unfortunately, the three lost touch when Delilah became a freshman. The picture that stung the most to see was her and Billy Hargrove. It was a polaroid and she was laughing wildly while Billy smirked at her or was that more of a genuine smile? He could never tell with that guy.

"Earth to Dustin!" His sister was waving her hand in front of his face as he realized he had made it over in front of her window which she had been sitting at.

"Shit, sorry, the music is just so loud!" Dustin lied before watching his sister roll her eyes and lean over to turn her stereo down. Could this be a strike against him? He needed to tread lightly if he was going to get his sister to come to an agreement about her upcoming party and the fate of the Hellfire Club. "Thanks." He responded earnestly.

"Has mom left yet? I wanted to say bye," Delilah's soft voice spoke out.

"Not yet but funny story, you remember the Hellfire Club?" Dustin started off with a wide smile, trying to put his sister at ease.

"Dustin, please do not ask me to play in your club again, you know I can't keep up with that shit. It stresses me out dude," Her tone was still soft but immediately dismissive at the sound of the Hellfire Club. Dustin found his chances slimming.

"Okay dude," He jokingly smacked his sister's shoulder causing her to perk a confused brow at him, "I wasn't going to ask you that, I promise. The Hellfire Club is at full capacity right now which brings me to my actual question," He lightly gulped and hoped his sister couldn't hear his nerves, "Look I know you were going to have one of your infamous ragers tonight but it's my turn to host the Hellfire Club's opening campaign and I can't very well have well . . . This is really important to me and the guys and also if I'm being honest, I'm a little afraid of the wrath of Eddie Munson."

"As much as I agree with you on that whole wrath thing," Here it comes, the disappointing blow, "I'm not throwing a rager Dustin, I throw parties and sometimes eight people becomes sixteen and then more!" She had given up on mathematics any further but the answer still wasn't' sounding good. "Why don't you and your little friends just come to the party? I won't tell mom, I'll even let you have a beer!"

"No offense sis, but my friends are not going to want to come to your party. They're kind of . . . anti-establishment and how many tirades have you heard Eddie go on against so many of your friends?" He couldn't even imagine himself inviting the Hellfire Club to one of Delilah's rag- "parties"

"Your friend Eddie sounds like a mad bummer, just saying," She sighed and then shook her head, "Fine, I'll keep my friends outside by the pool and you and your friends stay in your room. Under no circumstances will you embarrass me in front of my friends, kapiche?" Her words had turned more serious than they had previously been.

"Deal! You got it! Thanks D!" Without hesitation Dustin was off to radio his friends about the Hellfire Club meeting that was officially on!