o29 || eddie

Eddie was sure that now he could die a happy, fulfilled man. Sure, there were still plenty of things to do in this vast world, especially outside of Hawkins, Indiana. However, Eddie Munson, the freak of Hawkins High as they affectionately deemed him, had lost his virginity to none other than Delilah Henderson. Needless to say, he had been infatuated with her for years, but only for the past one had he found himself falling for her. She was so different then anyone he had ever met. Everyone perceived her as the burnout, dropout who could have been the Queen of Hawkins itself. As the kids had been saying, she was too cool for school. Not to mention, she was staying at his trailer for months now. Though she had been talking about going back home fairly soon, he had been savoring every moment he got to spend with her. She had even been helping him study. Though since the burnt spaghetti night as they affectionately referred to, studying had been very difficult to focus on.

Halloween was on the horizon and he wasn't sure how he was going to top their last Halloween together. Dressed to the nines in their Star Wars get up. There was also the difficulty of Delilah not having her house to party in. Especially since her dad was still sleeping on the couch as far as he had heard from Henderson. Dustin, that was. That particular day, Eddie was at home playing the princess. Just kind of strumming away mindlessly playing songs he knew and loved. He had also been working on an original song for his girlfriend. With a name like Delilah, how could you not write a song about her? Though he hadn't told anyone in his band about it, afraid what they might think of him. At the end of the day, he was the shepard to look after the sheep and if they knew what a sap he had been when it came to his girlfriend, he knew they would judge him. Hell, they already were for how sappy he was when it came to her.

He just assumed that no one had ever seen him fall for a girl. Nor anyone for that matter. That night he was treating her to a showing of Return of the Living Dead at the local theater. Delilah was obsessed with that movie and he couldn't wait to see her face light up when she saw Tar Man. She once rambled about how in love with special effects she was, or practical effects was what she referred to them as. It was always so cute when she got stoned enough to start going on a tangent about her favorite movies and why they were such. He had dressed up in his jeans without the holes in them for once, a tank top he had cut the sleeves off of himself which held the Slayer logo on the front of it. He would be accompanied by a red and black flannel and his leather jacket in case the brisk October Hawkins air got to him.

As he pulled around to the back of the record shop, where Delilah had asked him to pick her up from, he saw the man he knew as Fuzzy who apparently hated his haircut choice. Or lack there of rather. He had brushed it for the first time in forever so it was a little more unruly than usual. The two were smoking and Eddie wondered if he could get out and join them. Just like he had hoped, Delilah waved him over. He turned off his lights and hopped out of the van, his feet hitting the gravel with a thud. His lips pulled into a half smile as he waved over to the two of them, but mostly to Fuzzy. He knew Delilah held him in high respects and he always wanted to impress him. It was like he was meeting her dad for real. He didn't care if Charles hated him, but Fuzzy was another story.

"Ah, Eddie the love bird Munson, is it?" Fuzzy said with a small snort at his nickname for him amused himself.

"I will definitely take that over what people normally call me," Eddie returned a small laugh his way, but was being pretty honest. Sure it wasn't the manliest name he had ever been called, but he'd rather be known as a hopeless romantic than a freak.

"You do know you've met him before right?" Delilah said with a chuckle as she handed the joint Eddie's way.

"Oh sorry man, I was probably too high to remember if I introduced myself or not," He extended a burly hand his way and Eddie took it rather nervously, "Fuzzy is what the people call me. Because everyone knows I only smoke the fuzzy stuff!"