o11 || eddie

Eddie Munson had missed his shot. He was sure of it. He hadn't been able to hang out with Delilah due to school and her work schedule. At least that's what he chocked it up to. They had been having so much fun and then he had to open his big mouth and asked her to go steady. He couldn't believe he had the balls to do it. Especially with Delilah. It had been about two weeks before the phone rang. He had been plucking at his guitar, or princess, lightly, prepping for a Battle of the Bands audition coming up before winter break. The band still had some time to practice and kill it, but it was October and he was always busy that month. To his knowledge, Dustin and her had made up and she was back to defending him and being that overbearing older sister.

School was dragging on him. He was failing almost all of his classes again and he was wondering if '85 was going to be his year after all. He needed a pick me up. So, he offered Dustin a ride home on that Friday, secretly so he could hopefully see his older sister, but also he just needed someone to talk to about his grades. Which he was able to, DUstin offered to help him study sometimes which he said he would keep in mind, but studying was not Eddie's strong spot. The two blared into the driveway before they both got out of the car. Dustin stopped and shook his head at him.

"Still lusting after Delilah, I see?" He said, crossing his arms.

"Think of it more as I'm journeying to win the heart of a faire maiden," He said, quite dramatically even bowing in front of Dustin.

"It's gross is what it is," He said, turning on his heel and heading for his home. Eddie was quick to catch up to him before they reached the living room. Dustin's mom was there, yet again with her kitten as she waved to the two boys. "How was school?" She asked, waving Dustin over so she could give him a peck on the cheek. Eddie felt a sting of jealousy that Dustin had a mom who wanted him around. Dustin began to recap his day, while Claudia's eyes kept glancing over at him, wondering why he was standing so quietly for once. "Eddie, Delilah is up stairs if that's who you're here for?" She offered, his reputation proceeding him.

"Thanks Mrs. H, you're a real one," He said, winking at her playfully.

He started making his way down the hallway, past the normal bedrooms before he saw the Janis Joplin posters. He took a deep breath before exhaling and knocking on the door a couple of times. The door was ripped open in front of him and his heart skipped a beat when he saw her. She was standing there in a two piece bathing suit, her stomach and legs exposed and Eddie's heart sank into his stomach. She looked surprised to see him, just as much as he was to see her in a sexy, black, bikini, but he cleared his throat and smiled at her, trying not to look as awkward as he felt. "Um, hey!" He said, gulping more loudly than he had wanted to.

"Uh . . . hey," She said, crossing her arms over her chest. Was she embarrassed? "Gotta be honest, didn't expect you here," She chuckled before pulling him into her bedroom, "So, what's the occasion?"

His mouth suddenly went dry as he was dragged into her room, he barely had time to shut the door behind him. "Um . . . well . . ." He nervously ran a hand through his tangled hair. He just couldn't be bothered to brush it that morning, "Am I interrupting something?" He asked, pointing at her, confused as to why she was hanging out in a bikini.

"Oh I was just about to take a dip. You wanna come?" There it was again. Come take a dip. Her sultry voice rang into his mind again before he shook the thought away before he looked down at his tore up blue jeans, leather jacket and KISS t-shirt.

"I'm not really dressed for the pool," He admitted though he would kill to see her wet. He mentally kicked himself for even thinking that about this girl.

"I've got some trunks you can borrow," She offered, turning on her heels and going to her dresser. He gulped loudly again, his eyes widening as he couldn't help but stare at her ass as she bent over to grab the trunks from the bottom shelf. As soon as she turned around, holding a pair of electric yellow and lime green swimming trunks, he was quick to match her look. He hoped to God she hadn't seen him checking her out. Or maybe he did want her to see him? Maybe then she would take him a little more seriously.