o12 || delilah

"No Delilah, " She waited on every word, "I swear to you. I've never . . . I've never sealed the deal."

Her mouth hung open just slightly, trying to hide her shock for his sake. She suddenly felt bad about flirting with him so intensely. She knew she could be overbearing when it came to that sort of thing. Hell, she was the furthest thing from a virgin but she wasn't going to hold it against Eddie for it. She supposed her asking to go slow meant that they would have to go /very/ slow. She floated around close to him still before she heard her brother's voice from next to her.

"Hey lovebirds," He said, his arms crossed and at the head of a couple of other boys from the Hellfire Club.

Eddie cleared his throat before swimming away from Delilah, which stung a little to her honestly. She also hated that Dustin and his friends were interrupting what was a pretty serious conversation.

"Can we help you?" Delilah asked, crossing her arms over her chest and staring Dustin down.

"You got the pool for your little party last month and now it's time for our pool party!" Dustin announced before making a mad dash at the pool. "Cannonball!" He shouted at the top of his lungs before he splashed into the pool. Eddie and Delilah got soaked from his cannonball splash before the other boys hopped in as well. Delilah let out a small scream when they all did, getting totally soaked. As she wiped her eyes, she could see outlines of the boys all splashing Eddie, them all laughing at him. He was joining in to though. Sure she was a little disoriented but she couldn't help but smile at the situation.

Despite how heartwarming and fuzzy this was of a moment, she was also still spinning from the new found information. She swore Kelly Binkley did nothing but brag in 8th grade when her and Eddie lost their virginity together. She wasn't really sure how to feel. Sure it was kind of sweet that he still had some shred of naivety left to him, despite his outlandish persona. Everyone in their grade were sure the goth girl and him made it as well. Then again, those were more rumors of odd satanic rituals that Jason Carver had concocted. She got a bad taste in her mouth just at the thought of that gossipy bitch.

Eventually the group got out of the pool and all wrapped up tightly in their towels. The sun had begun to set and the cool breeze of a Hawkins October night danced upon them. No one seemed to really mind though. They were all just enjoying each other's company. It had been a while since she had seen Mike smile this much, especially at school, ever since Jane and Will left town. It was no secret when the gang split up. Including the swirling rumors of the intricate love affair that was Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers. Dustin was going through some pretty intense stuff she figured. When they talked about their dad's birthday card, it still wasn't completely understood by one another how to feel. Dustin wanted her to give their father a second chance while Delilah wanted Dustin to prepare himself for disappointment. The thought of her father sent her mind reeling as she went for her fanny pack and immediately sparked up a joint.

"C-CCan I hit that?" The small voice of her younger brother called out to her, almost desperately. He sounded like Oliver Twist.

"Not yet baby brother, not yet," She said, taking a long hit from it before passing it over to Eddie, "You /just/ had your first drink the other night, take it easy party animal," She nudged at him with her elbow.

The group begin to slowly filter out, though most of the boys were staying the night, allowing their mother to agree to letting them monopolize the living room. Dustin glanced at Eddie and Delilah caught the strange looks they were giving one another, almost like they were arguing with their faces. She tried not to bust out laughing when Eddie caught her staring at the weird eye debacle going on.

"Eddie," Dustin said, almost sounding pained, "Do you wanna crash with the Hellfire Club?" He asked, every word strained.

Delilah noticed that he made quick eye contact with her before cracking a small smirk before returning his attention to her younger brother. "Sure! It's been like ten years since I've been to a sleepover, but" He stopped for a second, quickly flashing to Delilah yet again, "I think I can handle it."