o38 || eddie

Delilah had barely exchanged glances with him ever since that night on the lake. He couldn't blame her. He underestimated what a slow swimmer she would be. Her fight or flight hadn't kicked in like his had at least. He had run much like before. He found himself always running. Eddie the Banished had left Delilah the Beauty in that lake to let Jason grab her up. Let alone the police. Everyone had thought she had been kidnapped. He hadn't held her against her will, but he had wanted her there with him. No matter how dangerous it was for her, he felt selfish in the fact that all he wanted was to not be alone in all this. He had drug her into this and now there was no going back. Before he and Dustin had entered into the portal in his trailer, he had placed a soft kiss on Delilah, hoping it wouldn't be his last. The two didn't share words, but their looks said everything. Now he was prepping his amp with Dustin getting ready to distract a hoard of demobats. Luckily the guitar Delilah had gotten him had transcended universes and he was able to grab it on his way to the top of the trailer.

As he heard the feedback kicking in, he looked out at the bats flocking towards them. "Chrissy, this is for you," He spoke softly, gearing up to play his guitar. He ran his fingers down the fret board and struck a chord, getting ready to play a song he had been working on for a while now. He had intended on playing it for Battle of the Bands that year. The year he was going to graduate. The year he would get an apartment with Delilah, with a spare room for Dustin. 1986 had been an interesting one, that was for sure and he could say that it was going to go out with a bang. He began to strum the chords according to how James Hettfield intended, hard and loud. He started blaring Master of Puppets through the amp as Dustin head banged beside him. He glanced back a couple of times, but kept his focus mainly on the guitar and the bats flying towards them. Their wings flapped like leather in the wind as they responded to the music.

The closer they got, the harder he played. Even though he had dedicated the song to Delilah's fallen friend, he had her on his mind. He knew he couldn't let her down. 'Please don't leave me,' The words stung in his heart and mind the more he thought about the fact that that was exactly what he had done in the lake. He had left behind the girl of his dreams even when she had begged him several times. He had left her like everyone else in her life seemed to do. Now was his chance to take a stand and defend the people he loved and cared for most. The people that came to his rescue when he needed it the most; he was playing for all of them. The harder he played the harder Dustin seemed to jam out to it. He smirked before looking back towards the bats approaching the trailer. Dustin announced that they were mere seconds away.

There was no way he wasn't finishing his solo. Bats or no bats, this was going down in his mind as his moment. Finally his musical talents were getting him somewhere. Sure Corroded Coffin had gotten a couple of gigs, mostly at the bar he had taken Delilah to. The night they danced together and he fell more and more in love with her. He struck the chords artfully and perfectly, he wasn't missing a beat. He had practiced this song several times but the solo was coming to him as it went. He wanted to make sure the demobats heard him and his sickening solo was doing the trick. As he strummed the last chord, him and Dustin immediately ran into the trailer, baracading the door behind them. The two matched eyes with one another for a moment, suspended in the sound of the bats clawing outside the trailer.

"That was so fucking metal!" The two began screaming in celebration, jumping up and down with one another.

"That sounded awesome!" Delilah called from the actual trailer through the gate.

That was until Eddie and Dustin heard the bats clawing at another spot in the trailer. The ceiling. The two began to swear profusely as they grabbed their spears and began to strike at the hole they were trying to crawl through. That was until Eddie grabbed his shield and slammed it over the hole. The two matched each others looks before they silently agreed to head out. They knew they couldn't stand a chance against the bats.

"We're coming down Delilah!" Dustin called after his sister as he began to make his way down the sheet rope that they had made to transcend the dimensions.

As Dustin flopped down onto the mattress, he was quickly assisted to his feet by Delilah before she extended her hand out to him. He looked down at the two of them, staring up at him, waiting for him to descend back into the normal world. His mind began to race as he matched eyes with Delilah. Her hair was a mess, her curls protruding in every direction and her hazel eyes gleaming in the mysterious light separating the upside down. What was on the other side for him? The bats screeched into his ears as he glanced over his shoulder. How was defeating Vecna going to prove his innocence? Even if they were able to, there was no guarantee they could convince the world of well, other worlds. Even he wasn't sure if he was really convinced or if he was just living in a nightmare. Once you walked into the upside down, you couldn't help but question everything.

Including what he would do to save the ones he loved from watching him become incarcerated. He couldn't stand Delilah visiting him behind bars. He couldn't stand the sight of her looking down at him in his orange jumpsuit, waiting for him to get out for the potential murder of at least three people. He wanted to make sure Vecna never came back though. Eventually the bats would realize there was nothing in the trailer for them and head back towards the house. He couldn't imagine Delilah or Max going through what Chrissy went through. He couldn't handle the idea that he would have to watch Hawkins fall behind bars. He had been running this whole time. He ran from everything, except for Delilah. If anything he ran towards her. She was unattainable from the start, y et he stood his ground and wound up falling in love.

He had left her at that lake, but he wouldn't leave her now. Not in the grand scheme of things. He couldn't let Vecna tear her apart. He couldn't let him tear his town away. As much as he hated it and wanted to escape from it, it was still the place where he had grown up. It was the place where he met his best friends and started his band. It was the place where he met Delilah. With her kind smile, glazed over hazel eyes and those goddamn long legs of hers. He smirked down at them before cutting down the sheets barring the two between their worlds. He flipped the mattress away to try and deter them from following him, ensuring their safety.

He made a mad dash out of the trailer, heading towards the group of bikes left outside of his trailer. He hopped on one and headed into the darkness. Before he knew it, he was enveloped in a swirl of bats. He held onto his spear and shield tightly as he lashed out at them as they flew his way. He wasn't sure how many he could hold off and then as soon as the thought crossed his mind, he felt a slim tentacle slide around his neck. He flailed lightly before slashing around in a mad attempt to fight off the bats around him. It was no use, he was yanked to the ground, bombarded by a pain in his back. That's when he felt the first slash. The first bite into his ribs. He let out a scream , still slashing away at an attempt to free himself from the predicament he was in. The harder it got to breathe, the more intense the pain in his sides ached. A white hot burn seared into his mind as he felt himself choking.

That's when he saw her. She barreled through the hoard of bats and he panicked even more, struggling and flailing as hard as he could. He knew he was making it worse but he couldn't have Delilah in the center of it with him. He saw her slashing with her own spear, landing a couple of hits before one swiped her on her side. She swore and doubled back, holding her stance in front of Eddie. He saw his vision faltering when all of a sudden, air flowed back into his lungs. The bat's tentacle slid from around his neck and fell from him. His eyes hung heavy as he saw Delilah's shape limping towards him. Had she been hit more than he had seen? He had been so preoccupied with his own demobats, that he hadn't seen how badly she was injured.

All he knew was that he was injured badly. It was getting harder to breathe, even with his throat free from the bat. He felt a copper taste fill his mouth before he was lifted into Delilah's arms. His ribs screamed at him and he let out a small hiss and groan as well. He felt a wetness hit his face and he was able to open his eyes enough to see that she was crying. Hard. Guilt hit him like a ton of bricks, but he knew it had been for the best. As long as she made it out of this, and her brother, and her friends, and her town to . . . it would all be worth it.