o19 || dustin

Delilah never came home that night. It couldn't have gone worse. Dustin had seen his sister in pretty scary states before, but never like that. It was like the fun, relaxed, goofy Delilah had completely vanished. Like she had been body snatched by something super evil. He couldn't help but wonder if this might have been the work of some demogorgan / mind flayer entity, but knew it couldn't be that simple. How that was simple for a boy his age, he would never understand but at least then he would have a chance of fixing it. He could radio the guys and assemble a team and find a solution to his sister's possession via other worldly creature. But when it came down to it, it was just a scared, hurt, damaged girl in his midst. Something he really didn't know how to handle. He knew because Max was going through some similar kind of thing. She was shutting people out and always listened to her headphones and started to miss a lot of class.

Girls were an enigma that he would never understand. There was never an easy solution when it came to women as he had learned through the years. He couldn't even understand his mother half the time. He had gone out to the arcade to blow off some steam for a bit before his family dinner. Potentially starring Delilah and Eddie Munson. Words he never thought he would say in his life. The man was his sister's lapdog. He had lost all backbone. He played tough in front of the other guys but the other week, he had brought Delilah flowers. Eddie the Freak Munson was buying his sister /flower/. He could have gagged. Just another thing he couldn't wrap his head around. Normally, Dustin felt as if he was a pretty smart guy. He did well in school and was constantly learning new things every day whether it be from reading or even discussing things with his girlfriend. Yet here he was at yet another loss.

His biggest one at hand though; trying to fix his broken family.

"Dustin!" His mom's voice rang out into his thoughts, "Your sister's here!"

His heart skipped a beat. She had actually showed up. At that point, he couldn't have cared less if his dungeon master was there, though he assumed he would be. He followed her everywhere else it seemed. What was worse to him is that it actually seemed like something his sister wanted. "Be down in a second!" He hollered back before looking at himself in his dresser mirror. "It'll be okay," He vocally told himself but then there was a knock on his door. "Come in?" He said, sounding confused as to who was there.

However, when his sister's face appeared in his doorway, his heart sank. She looked like she had been crying, but still had some dark makeup on. Her hair was in two messy pigtails and she was wearing one of her many band shirts. This particular one was a KISS shirt though , which he grimly realized was probably Eddie's. She had stayed the night at his trailer. "Hey," She softly spoke, closing the door behind her.

"Hey," Dustin spoke out, looking down at the ground for a moment, wondering what to say to his sister, "Whatcha been-"

Before he could finish, Delilah was speaking over him, "I'm sorry that I acted that way in front of you. I'm also sorry that I can't promise it won't happen again," She spoke, solemnly and almost embarrassed of having to apologize for her behavior, "But whatever happens, you're always my little brother you know? I know we're just half siblings but-"

This time, Dustin cut her off, "No, we're blood siblings. With what we've been to, we're definitely family. No matter if you have a different mom or not," He spoke up, looking up from the ground to meet his sister. She looked as if tears were stinging the edge of her eyes before she quickly wiped whatever residue of tears were there.

"Thanks kid," She took a couple steps towards him and he briefly wondered if he was going to get one of his sister's infamous hugs, but instead she stopped in front of him and pointed a finger to his chest. When he looked down, she was quick to swipe his nose before the two made eyes, both smiling at one another.