o36 || delilah

Delilah was in a daze. Red, white and blue lights flashed in her vision as she stared emptily at the lake she had just been submerged in. She hadn't stood a chance. She felt as if she didn't stand a chance for any of this going on. Eddie had been banging on the boat's engine, trying to yank at the draw string and get it going, but nothing he did worked. The only option they had was to swim away. Delilah sat in the back of the cop car, shivering and covered in a blanket. She glanced over at Jason Carver who was speaking to another police officer, also wrapped tightly in a blanket. She wondered what he was saying. Hopefully the truth. However, she doubted the likelihood of that happening. She continued to gaze back out at the lake as she remembered the young boy being lifted into the air- just like Eddie said she had and Chrissy. Vecna had gotten someone else, almost immediately after she had narrowly escaped him.

Eddie had been paddling away as Delilah looked on in horror at the sight of the bones cracking and the eyes . . . Holy shit his eyes. A shudder ran through her body as an officer opened the door she was sitting next to. She didn't bother to look up at him though. She was still horrified by what she had seen. Hell, by what she had just been through. How did she explain that to the police? How did she help clear Eddie's name now? The cop had begun to speak but Delilah couldn't focus on their words. All she kept thinking about was the boy's body and where the hell Eddie had gone. She felt a pang of hurt when she thought about how Eddie had swam away without looking back. At least she hadn't seen him or heard him calling her name or anything. It was like he just ran away. By the time she had been able to look away, Jason had caught up to her.

He kept asking her how Eddie did it. He didn't understand and couldn't begin to. She almost couldn't blame him for his wild accusations of Eddie being a devil worshipper and being capable of some kind of magic. It was just as outlandish as what was really going on.

"Miss Henderson? Miss Henderson?" The cop called out to her, slowly but finally dragging her attention to him, "Are you ready to answer some questions now?" Delilah shook her head no, not ready to relive what had just happened. "Do you want to see your parents?" Another question she shook her head no to. "Do you know where your little brother is?" Delilah could have rolled her eyes, but instead just continued to shake her head no, "Do you know where Edddie Munson is?"

Delilah looked up at the cop before she barely got out a, "No, I don't."

"How long have you been held here against your will? Do you know anything about Chrissy Cunningham?" The cop began to rattle off questions, she assumed in an attempt to grate on her and get some answers.

"You have no idea what's going on here," She spoke softly, shaking her head.

"Well that's why I'm asking you these questions," The cop went on, "Because I'm trying to understand, but between you just telling me no and that kid breathin satan worship down my neck, I don't really have a chance to get what's going on."

Delilah glazed over to focus on Jason once again, her eyes heavy and wet with tears. She knew he had concocted some grand scheme to make it look like Eddie was guilty. She bit down on her bottom lip before feeling tears jump at the inner corners of her eyes as she wondered what would happen to Eddie. What was going to happen to the whole town if this Vecna guy couldn't be stopped? Her skin crawled with goosebumps as she swore she could feel an empty hole in her mind where Vecna once reigned supreme. For some reason, as terrified as she was of him, she felt as if something was missing now that she had escaped him. Was that the only way to beat him? She wondered, clueless as to what the others had discovered by now.

"Come on, we'll take you down to the station and call your family," The cop said, shutting the door on her.

Her heart skipped a beat. Her mom, she could handle. She was almost sure she would just be thankful that Delilah was alright. She could also get her on board with Eddie being innocent she thought. Her father on the other hand was something she wasn't sure how to tackle. He had already displayed some disdain for Eddie in the past and also had made a comment about them living in sin once. She wasn't sure what kind of tirade he would be on. Especially if Jason Carver got out to the public. Surely no one would listen to him. He was just a dumb kid. Surely people in this town weren't /that/ impressionable. As the police car took off, she glanced around for any sign of Eddie. Just so she could know that he was safe. It was all she wanted in that moment. She didn't care about getting into trouble for harboring a fugitive and she didn't care about disappearing for a bit. She just wanted Eddie home safe.