o9 || delilah

The music in the bar was just a hair too loud for her regular tone of voice. She'd definitely have to put her concert voice on, not that she had ever been to one. The whiskey burned but went down relatively smooth. She could tell it was cheap, but that's about all she drank in college. For her short stint, that is. She chased her shot with a beer before watching Eddie do the same. She could already tell she would be wanting another shot soon. Especially if the music was good. She assumed there was a live band or musician coming on due to their seats away from the stage. She downed a good fourth of her beer before realizing that there were eyes on her.

"What?" She asked, trying to speak up over the bar's music.

"You just took that shot like a champ!" He said, excitedly, "You did party in college, huh?" He chuckled afterwards, taking a swig from his own beer.

"Just a little bit," She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't regret it though. I didn't like being so far away from my family," She admitted. Claudia might not have been her real mom, but she legally adopted her shortly after Dustin was born. She raised her better than her own father had. Despite her penchant for being inebriated, she liked to think that she turned out okay. She loved her job and her family and even though she didn't love her circle of friends, she was thankful for them.

"You and Dustin seem pretty tight, huh?" He asked, following his statement with another drink of beer.

"I mean . . . I try. Sometimes I'm not the best older sister, but sometimes he's not the easiest person to handle either. He's been through a lot I think," She realized she was rambling before taking a drink of beer, "Can we talk about something else?" She asked, kind of embarrassed for getting so emotional talking about her younger half sibling. Eddie was quick to nod and lean forward, his hand grazing her own which was wrapped tightly around her beer bottle.

"Yeah, for sure," He cleared his throat before the band started coming onto the stage, "Cross your fingers that it's a good one!"

Delilah felt a little out of place, but was so infatuated with Eddie thriving in this environment, that she kind of got lost in it all. She needed something to distract her from the fact that she hadn't really spoken to her brother in two weeks. As the band approached their instruments, the lead singer grabbed the microphone and introduced their name, "What's up Hawkins?! We are the best band in Hawkins! You know us as Soul Roach! Here we go!" The music started playing and it was pretty fast punk music. It wasn't the worst band Delilah had ever heard. Their guitarist was decent.

A waitress stopped by their table and eventually wound up bringing them another round of shots and beers. It had been a while since Delilah had really let loose like this. At parties, she spent most of her time sipping on beer and smoking weed, but never did she get really drunk. Not since college of course. The two skipped the toast this time and instead let their shot glasses clink together before tapping them on the table and shooting them back. As they listened to the band, this event happened one more time in the short span of about thirty minutes. Needless to say, Delilah was feeling good. The band took a break and made their way to the bar, where an idea formed inside Delilah's head. "I'll be right back!" She excused herself, giving Eddie's knee a squeeze before she headed towards the bar.

There was no way she could do another shot, but she figured she might as well grab a couple more beers while at the bar. Before she did so though, she approached the lead singer. "Heya! I really dig your style!" She said, nodding at him, "I was wondering . . . do you take requests?"

After another minute of conversing with the band, she quickly made her way back to the table. Eddie was giving her a kind of suspicious look before he spoke, "What was that about?" He asked, confused but also pleased when he realized there was another beer for him.