o35 || eddie

Eddie shifted gently under his girlfriend. She seemed to be sleeping still, her body limp against his. He moved her slowly off of him and gently laid her down on the couch. As he did so, he noticed her eyes moving frantically behind her closed lids. She was having another nightmare. His lips formed into a straight line as he tried to decide whether or not to rouse her from her sleep. Maybe it was a good dream? He tried to convince himself, but to no avail. Headjusted his towel around his waist before he bent down and rubbed her cheeks gently with his thumbs.

"Baby, you're having another bad dream," He said, hoping it would wake her and he didn't have to raise his voice much higher, "Delilah," He spoke a little louder, lightly tapping her cheeks.

To no avail, she stayed there, stiff as a board and her eyes darting back and forth and her mouth lightly twitching. He said her name again, but he knew he was going to have to get a little more physical. He began lightly shaking her shoulders, hoping the shifting movement would cause her to wake her. He couldn't imagine what she must have been dreaming about. With everything going on, he couldn't imagine it was anything good. When she didn't budge, he shook her a little more roughly than he even intended to. He gulped, wondering why the hell she wasn't waking up. Normally he could get her to wake up from a nightmare reasonably easily, but now she wasn't budging.

"Delilah, wake up girl, you're really freaking me out," He said, bouncing her shoulders up and down as her head rolled back like a doll's, "Delilah Henderson! Wake the fuck up!" He said, lightly slapping her cheek once again, but this time he knew it must have stung. She didn't move, her eyes just kept shifting quickly and fluttering.

He began to panic even more. His mind immediately went to the curse of Vecna. He swore to himself as he began to run through the house, attempting to find the walkie talkie. He figured the rest of the scooby gang had to have figured something out by then. As he found it digging through a rucksack he had kept with him, he made sure the channel was turned to eleven before pressing down the button on the side.

"Henderson! Wheeler? Harrington? Anyone!" He shouted, unable to keep his panic at bay. He couldn't watch what happened to Chrissy happen to Delilah. He wouldn't be able to live with himself.

Luckily, a static hit the receiving end of the walkie and he heard Dustin's voice, "Eddie, we're here, do you copy?" He asked, the voice ending abruptly before Eddie was quick to respond.

"Uhhhh yeah we got a problem, your sister won't wake up from her nightmare man," He said, releasing the talking button.

There was a silence that seemed to last forever before Dustin came back on the walkie, "Shit! We just had our own run in with Vecna, try music!"

Eddie's face contorted into a confused face as he looked back to Delilah on the couch. Music? He highly doubted Reefer Rick had any decent music. "Music?" He questioned out loud, into the communication device.

"Yes! Something she likes! Like her favorite song! She likes those whiney british boy bands!" Dustin made a small dig at his sister's musical taste.

"Uh yeah I know, but where the hell am I going to pull a Smiths tape from? Out of my ass?!" He asked, getting heated before he heard a noise come from Delilah on the couch. His head whipped back as he ran back over to her side.

"Just figure something out, Eddie!" Dustin's voice screeched through the receiver, causing Eddie to recoil away from it.

HIs mind was racing as he ran to Rick's entertainment center, pouring through his various tapes. None of it looked like shit Delilah would listen to. He swore to himself before setting his eyes on an acoustic guitar on the wall. It wasn't really his style but it was better than nothing. He lifted it off of the wall and immediately began tuning it. Each chord he played, the more he tightened or loosened the string. His brain was also running rampant with what her favorite song was or one that he knew word for word. His mind went back to listening to the talking heads, the smiths, janis joplin, depeche mode, the cure-