o34 || billy

Billy was trapped. Trapped in a world that didn't make sense. A world where his darkest thoughts ran rampant and infected him with every dilapidated breath. He wasn't sure what this was or why he was feeling it, but something drove him to haunt her. He needed to make Delilah Henderson pay. He needed her to understand what she had done. Protecting Max instead of him, like they were siblings or something. It disgusted him to his core. Reefer Rick's house was gray and dismal. Tentacles squelched fervently along the base boards of the house. With every step he took, he felt as if he was leaving a pile of decay behind him as he searched the lake house for her. He wanted to make her suffer just as he had suffered before. He was like a puppet on strings, dancing elegantly through the upside down , looking for the girl he thought he could fall in love with. But she left him. She had left him that night to rot and encounter the mind flayer.

If things had gone differently, maybe he would still be alive. His hatred harbored in his chest for her as he began to search the house. It didn't take long as he saw her curled up on the couch, fast asleep with none other than the freak of Hawkins, Eddie Munson. A fire burned in his chest at the sight. /His/ girl running around with someone like him? He whispered her name softly, coming out like poison dripping off the end of the snake's fangs. He was venom to her and he planned to infect her until she suffered like him. She stirred on this man's chest, his stomach churned at the sight. How in the world could she have turned down a guy like him and wind up with Eddie Munson. He was determined to do everything in his power to take her away from him. Just like the mind flayer had done so easily to him. He felt as if he was being fueled by another presence, like something was whispering sweet lies in his ears. Lies but things he wanted to hear nonetheless.

AS her name left his lips again, dry and cracked as they were, he watched as she slowly opened her eyes and held onto her head. The towel gripped around her tightly as she looked around the room. She looked confused with her doe eyes frantically engaging every corner of the room. He knew what she would be looking for, he heard it all the time to. The clock. He had heard it every day since the night the mind flayer took him. Since /he/ had made him a part of their world, he had heard a clock. He knew it wasn't ticking for him however. He knew Delilah was the one he wanted. Delilah and Chrissy and Fred and Patrick and Max; they were all just pawns in his game. At the end of the day, so was Billy now. A slave to the upside down whether he wanted it or not. His veins pumped dust and death, he was soulless.

He watched as the girl lifted up from the couch, slowly traipsing across the living room. He wondered if she saw everything like he did. All grotesque and gray, or was she still pure enough to not fall victim to his curse just yet. When she reached the kitchen, Billy wafted behind her until she was staring at what he wanted her to look at, the infamous grandfather clock.

"Delilah," He spoke roughly, breaking the fabric of realities to get her to turn around to him. When he faced her, his breath became hitched in his hollow throat. Her eyes were welling with tears as she saw him. He knew she could see him by the way her hand gently clasped over her mouth. His front was bleeding profusely, blood also dripped from in between his lips as he took a step towards her. Like a monster, she retracted back away from him, gasping at the sight. "Are you scared?" He asked, his voice sounding like gravel against the empty stirring of the house.

She shook her head profusely, one hand over her mouth and the other grasping the towel across her chest, "Billy I-"

"I thought you cared about me, Delilah," He spoke roughly once again, questioning her.

"Billy," His name on her lips sounded like heaven, even in hell, "Billy what are you-"

He cut her off once again, "Come with m e," He said, extending his hand to her, which was swarming with various maggots and flies. He hadn't realized this until he himself saw it, but he eagerly pushed his arm towards Delilah. She shuddered away from him, gasping back at his grotesque hand.

His festering chest wound was also leaking with black blood and various upside down worms. "Billy, I can't," She choked back a sob, her eyes welling with tears.

How he loved to see it. He made his way closer to her, only having her recoil in fear once again. "Don't you realize . . . you did this to me?" He said, his hand grazing across his bleeding wound, "You and Max just . . . stood there," He began, his voice increasing with rage, "While I was eviscerated!" He yelled, his voice echoing on the walls of the empty home. "Come with me, Delilah," His mouth began to overflow with blood as it spat across the floor.

He watched Delilah back up as far as she could until she hit the hallway wall. He knew he could take her from here. He knew that nothing could stop him or his master's plan. He would have Delilah, once and for all. She would belong to him and no one else. "Billy, stop, this isn't you," She managed to get out, tears escaping the corners of her eyes faster than she could control. How he loved the suffering.

"Oh it isn't?" He asked, blood chortling his response for a brief moment as he took slow steps towards her, vines wrapping around his ankles and beside him as he got closer. "Prove it," He spat at her, black blood trickling against the pale hue of her skin.

"You saved us, you protected us from that-"

"YOU LET ME DIE!" He screamed, the walls clambering with dust as the whole room seemed to shake, "Delilah," He spoke softly this time, pressing her against the wall behind her, letting a small maggot fall from the corner of his lip, "Come with me. Be a part of something bigger, like you've always wanted."

Without expecting it, he felt her slap him across the face and shove at him. The more she persisted, the more aggressively he held her by her arms. She began to cry even harder as Billy grinned a wicked smirk down at her. He began to lift her from the ground by grabbing both of her arms and he sneered at her, "Always so cocky, aren't you?" He laughed but the voice reverberated off the walls, sounding much louder than it actually was. It also sounded deep and hollow, unlike any laugh Delilah had ever heard he was sure. That's when he felt the facade begin to melt away from him. His skin began to melt off of his arms and the fabric of his clothes singed away slowly across his body. Yet his grip on Delilah remained as he stared into her soul. He knew hers would be the perfect way to start inciting more chaos. Anything to make Eddie Munson suffer.

The more that dissolved off of him, the more veins erupted on his body, fleshing out into his neck and back. He groaned as he felt a seering white hot pain through his body as he revealed his true self. The world had many names for him, but these cantankerous kids deemed him none other than Vecna. The rest of Billy had melted away as Delilah opened her mouth to scream, but nothing came out.

"Your suffering smells so sweet," He smirked up at her as he released both of her arms and left her suspended in the air. His hand gliding over her bare chest as the towel dropped to the ground with a thunk., "You will be my third." The grandfather clock chimed behind him.

Delilah struggled but her body was frozen by some unknown force. His long fingers grazed across her stomach before it drifted up her left arm all the way to her neck. Tears were springing from her eyes nonstop as he chuckled at her fear. This was exactly what he liked to see before he took the life of one of the children of Hawkins. His hand lifted above her head as he gripped her mind tightly in his grasp. She began to seize and flail against his energy.

That is until he heard- singing?

He couldn't place the music, but Delilah had also realized this and was focusing on the voice that rang through the empty house. He whipped his head around before he felt her energy struggling before him. No matter, he turned his attention back to Delilah who had raised both of her feet and sent them straight into his stomach. He groaned and let the girl fall to the ground with a loud thud. He couldn't let her escape. It was his will to keep her there. He needed to complete his process and she was next on his list. He had already let Max escape his grasp, he wouldn't be letting another one slide. Yet as she ran, he noticed a rip in his world. She was going right towards it. He growled and began to take slow, tentacle ridden steps towards her.The singing continued, getting louder and louder and was that- a guitar?