o23 || eddie

The kitchen was where the drinks were, so that's where Eddie would be. It had been a while . . . okay maybe he had gotten a little sauced on Christmas while opening his multiple gifts from Delilah. He had gotten two vinyls, a pack of guitar strings for the princess, and a Black Sabbath patch for his denim jacket. As much as he loved everything, he didn't have the guts to give to her what he had gotten her. Not while they were in odd sorts like this. Especially since he hadn't gotten up the guts to call her since that night she came home. Mostly out of embarrassment that he may have ruined his one chance with Delilah, but he was also still kind of upset with her. He knew he had every right to be . .. right? Especially after the shower. That's where he drew the line mentally for himself. God did he think back to that far too often however. Was having the title of boyfriend girlfriend really that important to him? To give up future moments like that? He tried not to swell on it as he grabbed a bottle of booze from the freezer and began pounding it back.

Cheap whiskey, Delilah's vice. He stood in the kitchen, eyeing the attendees of the party and unfortunately not being able to recognize any of them besides the fact that they were in fact from his school. That was until Steve Harrington and a girl entered into the kitchen. Ol' King Steve before Billy dethroned him. God he didn't want to think about Billy Hargrove. He felt as if he was constantly being compared to him and the man wasn't even alive to take his rightful throne as 'better than eddie'. Eddie never wanted to admit how bad Billy had picked on him in school, but it was brutal. Especially to Delilah who had once gotten him into the same situation as Eddie was in now. In this perpetual friend twilight zone where she thought that friends just casually washed each other's hair and made out in the shower. Totally normal, he thought.

Steve didn't acknowledge him whatsoever, not that this was new but knowing that he was close to the Hendersons made him fear that Dustin would find him. He took another long swig of the whiskey and started moving throughout the crowds of people, steering clear of the dance floor. Though it briefly reminded him of the night he danced with Delilah at the bar. He shoved the thought away from his head with more whiskey as he felt himself bump into someone. He spilled whiskey all over what looked to be a letterman jacket. Carver was embroidered on the back and he muttered a curse to himself at the sight.

Jason whipped around and met direct eye contact with Eddie who gulped down another drink of whiskey. "What the fuck are you doing here, Munson?" He spoke, his buddies and him towering over him. Or at least that's how it felt.

"I uh . . . I'm here with Delilah," He lied, hoping that she would cover for him anyways. They were still . . friends, right? He downed another good bit of the brown liquid before smirking at Jason, "Did you guys get this mixed up for a cornhole tournament or?" He asked, snidely.

"What'd you say to me, freak?" Jason shoved Eddie back into a couple of people who also spilled their drinks.

Eddie regained his balance before staring Jason down. The whiskey was doing it's liquid courage trick, that was for sure. He shoved Jason b ack before laughing, "I said, don't you have somewhere else to be?" Eddie got close to his face, hoping the sting of hot whiskey would help whatever consequences were to come next.

Jason didn't hesitate though before swinging a fierce blow to Eddie's cheek. Eddie went stumbling back, still gripping the bottle before shaking his head and lunging towards Jason once again. Unfortunately, his friends got him by both shoulders and held him back as Jason delivered a blow to his stomach. The wind was suddenly knocked out of him as he dropped the bottle at his side. People started to chant 'fight' all around him before Jason socked him again in his rib this time.

"Eddie!" A familiar voice called out to him. As he looked past Jason, he saw Dustin running towards him. That's also when he saw Delilah running in behind him, dressed in a skirt in this weather? God was she a glutton for punishment. She was also wrapped up in a letterman jacket and his stomach hurt even more when he saw it. Jason struck him once again, this time in his chin and he felt blood spurt from a wound in the center. Without another moment though, he was dropped to the ground and there was yelling all around him. Mostly from kids chanting on Jason to continue fighting, but he heard Delilah's in there in the mix as well.