o17 || eddie

When Eddie walked into the Henderson home, he least expected to find a horde of family drama waiting in the kitchen. Not that it bothered him, he understood family dynamics better than most, but he wasn't ready for Delilah to get home. During her and her father's spat, he had tried to hold her hand, but she had quickly denied his efforts. There was nothing that could stop her right now and Eddie didn't remotely know how to calm her. Before he knew it, she was storming out, dragging him by the wrist out of the living room and onto the front porch. He wanted to say something, but wasn't sure what. He had never seen her like this before.

"Delilah!" He called after her as she vehemently made her way to his van, "Look, what can I do?" He asked, setting his hands on her elbows which were crossed across her chest. "Anything, let me get you outta here," He begged, hoping it would help calm her down.

She didn't respond, but merely nodded her head before Eddie was able to open the passenger side door for her. As she hopped in, he couldn't help but give her hand one last squeeze before he ran around to the other side of the van and hopped into the driver's side. He wasn't sure where to take her. She was obviously fuming and was probably jonesing for a smoke if he knew her at all. So he headed towards the trailer park, where all his drugs were. Usually when he came over to the Henderson home, Delilah would smoke him out. She sold way more product than hi and always had extra on her so it felt good that he could facilitate her for once.

As they pulled into the trailer park, he noticed Delilah had been crying lightly, her hands quickly wiping away her tears on her jacket sleeve. A pang of jealousy stung him as he realized it was a Hawkins High letterman basketball jacket with the name Hargrove printed on the back. It wasn't the time to be getting jealous however as he hopped out of the van and made his way to meet Delilah on the other side. The wind blew ferociously around them as they made their way into his trailer.

"Uncle Wayne! Uncle Wayne, you home?!" He hollered through the trailer, but when there was no response, he led her to the musty couch in the living room. "Stay here, okay?" He said, sympathetically, watching her shiver and stare into what seemed like nothing.

He began rifling through his room for his bubbler, wondering if this was really what Delilah needed right now. How could he make her feel better in a situation like this? HIs mind wandered until he successfully found his bong. He made his way back into the kitchen and began filling the base with water, carefully glancing out into the living room to make sure she was still there. The house was dead quiet until he heard her ask, "Do you have anything strong to drink?"

"Uhhhh . . . " He started looking through his uncle's liquor cabinet in the kitchen before landing on a bottle of cheap whiskey, "Yeah I think I have something," He spoke, gathering the supplies together.

As he made his way back to the couch, he began setting things down on the coffee table, handing her the bottle of Evan Williams hesitantly. Delilah tended to act a little more emotional when she drank, but he understood she probably felt as if she needed it at that moment.

"Thank you," She said, removing the plastic cap and taking a long swig from it straight from the bottle, "I'm . . ." Her voice grew quiet as she took another drink from the bottle, "I'm sorry."

He wasn't quite sure what she was apologizing for, but he felt bad that she felt the need to. Her estranged father showed up literally on her doorstep when things were going so well for her, he thought. He would be pounding back booze to if he was in her situation. "Don't apologize, just . . . drink up," He noted, tilting the bottle up towards her in a playful manner.

As he packed the bowl attachment on the bubbler, he was continually making quick glances at the girl on his couch. Still in her 'Fuzzy's Record Emporium' shirt and a pair of ripped up black jeans, she was peeling off the letterman jacket before Eddie went back to the task at hand. He wondered why she felt it necessary to wear that around still? He made a mental note to give her some sort of jacket for her to keep of his, but didn't make a scene of it. When it was finished, he handed her the bong and she immediately began taking rips off of it. He watched her carefully, coughing lightly as the two exchanged hits back and forth until the bowl was nearly empty. So was the bottle of Evan Williams he had given her. He knew he'd have to replace that for his uncle before too long.