o18 || delilah

Delilah never cried in front of people, yet she had spent the previous day doing nothing but that. Luckily she didn't sprout tears in front of her father who had decided to appear back in her and her family's life. She never wanted him to see how bad he really messed with her. However, she was pretty embarrassed about having to fall into the arms of her . . . friend? Eddie Munson had served her spaghetti-o's, held her hand, watched a corny rom-com, and even let her stay the night. She stirred in his bed, expecting to see him next to her, but the space was empty. She honestly didn't even remember getting into bed. Last she knew, she had been asleep on the couch. She was still in her work uniform all except for her vans that she had kicked off upon arriving at Eddie's. She slowly sat up and felt a sting in her head, a small hangover had cursed her that particular morning. She had been putting back the hard liquor here lately.

Her eyes came into focus as sunlight filtered through the window next to his bed. It seemed to glisten on his guitar, or better known as the princess. She pushed herself out of his bed before letting her feet hit the cold floor. His trailer had grown kind of chilly overnight but she wasn't sure where her socks and shoes had gone off to. Not that she particularly needed them, she hoped she didn't have to go home just yet. There was the trip to the house planned for later that day, but Delilah was dreading that as well. She didn't want to be anywhere near Charles. Her head still spun at the idea that he was even in Hawkins. In her home, where Claudia and Dustin and whatever new kitten name their mom had come up with- it left a bad taste in her mouth. As Delilah made her way out into the kitchen, she saw an older man sitting on the couch where she remembered falling asleep. He was smoking a cigarette and kicking off his work boots, indicating him just getting home. She desperately wished she could find Eddie before she had to explain what she was doing in this man's house.

"Morning," She said, waving lightly, breaching the sound of whatever game show or news station that was on, "I'm Delilah."

"Delilah, huh? Pretty name," He grumbled, taking a long drag on his cigarette before finally glancing over at her, "You Eddie's little girlfriend or somethin'?"

"Or somethin'," She answered him, still not wanting to breach that particular subject with a stranger either. "You must be his uncle, right?"

"That'd be me," He spoke kind of slowly as he went back to focusing on the television, "Eddie's out for a smoke run. Make yourself at home. There's cereal and milk and maybe some english muffins left in the pantry," The man waved towards the kitchen, allowing her to navigate it on her own.

Delilah made her way to the kitchen area, hovering around the sink, trying to decide which cabinet to open first to try and find the cups. After three tries, she finally found it and pulled a plastic, electric yellow cup with a local radio station name printed on the side. She filled it up with water and took a couple sips, making her way back to Eddie's bedroom in nervous tip-toes. When she got back in, she could hear his van pulling up and she was suddenly thankful it hadn't taken him so long. At least from when she had woken up. Heavy metal music played but when it shut off, it was followed by a door slamming. Delilah took another long drink from her water cup before setting it down on the desk in Eddie's room. Her eyes scanned over the posters on his wall and she wondered how she wound up here in the first place. After a pool party she found herself looking for companionship, something she hadn't sought out in a while. Dustin had briefly tried to hook her up with Steve, but the sparks just hadn't been there. He was pretty sure he was still pretty sore for Nancy Wheeler, but no one would ever say it out loud.

Before she knew it, she heard the front door open and slam shut behind it as Eddie had re entered the trailer. She peaked down the hallway and watched as Eddie flung a carton of Malboro reds to his uncle on the couch while he took the two grocery bags he had left and made his way back to his bedroom. Upon the two making eye contact, Eddie's face lit up with a smile.