o21 || delilah

Laurie Hardesty was the only person Delilah confided in about gossip. She didn't have much of a taste for it herself unless it was about herself. For some reason, she felt as if she could tell Laurie her weird girlish musings. Even if Laurie inevitably spread the information around to someone. Didn't matter who, sometimes it was even her own mother. Yet something felt comfortable about getting things off her chest with Laurie. Not any of the super serious stuff like the issues with her father or Billy, but silly boy stuff like the information she was about to share- no problem. It seemed to pour out of her involuntarily. Which brings us to the jaw dropped, wide eyed face on Laurie currently.

"You did what?!" The girl shouted in the middle of the soft music playing record store.

The best one in Hawkins , Fuzzy always liked to add. Fuzzy was Hawkins' local burnout. Everyone knew he smoked as much weed as Willie Nelson, but he didn't hurt anybody and even owned his own local business; Fuzzy's Record Emporium. He was also who Delilah got her weed from. He was the most reliable, fair, and cool guy in town. She knew Eddie got his stuff from Reefer Rick, but she didn't trust him for anything. She had tried to buy from him once when she was on spring break and he wouldn't sell to her unless Billy waited outside. Why his name kept crawling into her mind when she had juicy gossip about Eddie was beyond her.

"Shhhh!" Delilah giggled before avoiding a couple of glances from customers, "Keep your shit down!"

"I'm sorry but you're fooling around with Eddie the Freak Munson-"

"Come on, don't call him that!" She pleaded with Fuzzy's daughter.

"Okay fine, Eddie the weirdest guy in Hawkins High?!" She raised her voice yet again, this time warranting a small slap on her arm from Delilah.

"You have no room to judge, you once made it with Tommy J!" Delilah retorted, trying to defend her semi-out there . . . friend?

"Tommy J was hot, you just hated him because he wore darker makeup than you," She snarked.

"Oh please, anyways-" She rolled her eyes at her friend and co-worker before she looked around to make sure no customers were approaching the counter, "It was like . . . normal. With everything going on right now, all I need is some kind of normalcy, ya know?" She felt like she was boring Laurie who had leaned on her hand, propped up on her elbow.

"You're telling me Eddie Munson is a normal guy?" She said, sounding unamused.

"No, he's anything but, but that's not my point!" Delilah said, exasperated that she couldn't find the right words, "I'm saying I don't feel pressured or like he expects anything. He's just always like . . ." She was definitely girl talking as her usage of like had tripled in the short time the two had been talking, "Present."

"Oh my god, gag me with a blowtorch! You two are disgusting, I love it," She laughed, wagging her eyebrows, "So you two are getting married right? Can I be your maid of honor?"

"Fuck you," Delilah merely flipped her off before Fuzzy appeared in the doorway which jingled a bell above his head.

"Delilah with the strong hand language again," He said, trying to sound stern, "Have you two girls done nothing but gossip all day?" He set some bags down on the counter before eyeing the two over.

"Delilah's been organizing the new releases for tomorrow," Laurie admitted that she had merely been sitting there watching Delilah work while she spun her tale of the heated night with Eddie Munson.

If only it had been /that/ kind of heated, she thought momentarily. "Damnit D, how many times do I have to tell you to slack off every once in a while? Fight the system! Five day work weeks are bullshit!" He raised his fist in the air before both the girls started to giggle at him.