o6 || delilah

"Fuck it."

Before another word was spoken, Delilah was cramming a couple fingers full of shrooms into her mouth. She watched Eddie's eyes widen in shock before he chuckled. "Ya know we can eat those with something? To make them taste a little better?" He laughed at the sight of the girl with the shrooms crammed into her mouth. She didn't even go by dosage, she just went all in. She shook her head at him, though the dryness and flavor were anything but pleasant. She also had to admit she had only done shrooms one another time, but she didn't want to seem like a lightweight in front of Eddie. Why she cared what he thought about her was beyond her. She didn't usually let anyone affect the way she acted. She knew she had better play it cool.

"Well, if you're doing it like that," He dipped his own fingers into the bag and grabbed what he could, before cramming them into his own mouth. He made a face of disgust before cracking a wide smile, mouth full of mushrooms. "When in Rome, I suppose?" He partially laughed, trying to swallow the shrooms.

"I'll go get us some beers," She said, making her way out of the room and heading towards the kitchen. She couldn't help but observe the walls filled with various family photos. One of which was a much tinier, wide grinned, school photo of Eddie. He had a very short haircut which blew her mind seeing his long locks he had now. She managed to swallow a chunk of the shrooms before she made her journey to the kitchen. She ripped open the fridge and grabbed the first two beers she saw, heading back to Eddie's bedroom. When she saw him, he was sitting on his bed, still trying to chew down the shrooms. "Here ya go," She offered one of the beers before popping the cap open on her own.

"Well thank you," He barely got out from his dry throat before popping the cap on his own beer and taking a long swig, "See you in about thirty minutes?" He joked, taking another drink from his beer.

"You got any VHS tapes?" She asked, making her way around his room, finishing off the last of her shrooms. She bent down at one of the shelves in his room, spotting several horror movies. Her favorite. "Holy shit, you have the Toxic Avenger?! We have to watch this!" She spoke, pulling the VHS from it's spot on the shelf.As he spoke something about how funny it was that she knew who the toxic avenger was, she spotted a VHS tape kind of out of place. She pulled out a copy of Sixteen Candles before showing it to him and smiling. "Uh-oh, does Eddie Munson have a soft spot for Molly Ringwald?" She joked, flaring her brows wickedly.

"And you don't?" He asked, chugging a good portion of his beer. She couldn't tell if he was a little embarrassed or if he really did just flaunt his love for Sixteen Candles.

"No judging here, I love this movie. A little rough around the edges with the racism and date rape, but besides that, I dig it," She half laughed, recalling the one time she saw Sixteen Candles.

Without another word spoken between the two, she made her way to his TV and popped the VHS tape into the player. She sat down at the foot of his bed, on the floor in front of it, hearing him move from his own spot on the bed down beside her. For some reason, this made her blush a little. Especially when their knees touched. She went from sitting cross legged to having her legs straight out and leaning back on his bed frame. They sat in silence, except for the occasional giggle at the movie until the shrooms kicked in. At first, Delilah just noticed the feeling of the carpet seemingly moving under her hands. Next it was the faces slightly bending and morphing on the screen. She chuckled lightly before leaning her head on Eddie's shoulder for support.

"I think they're working," She spoke softly, lifting her head off of his shoulder just as quickly as she had leaned on him.

Had she just heard him gulp lightly? "Yeah they are," He softly laughed before running a hand through his curly locks. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked, looking down at her, genuinely concerned for her.