o37 || dustin

Things didn't seem to slow down even for a second. From finding Eddie safely at Skull Rock, to the teenagers jumping into the lake to find a portal, to getting temporarily found by the police, to contacting Nancy, Eddie, Steve, and Robin in the upside down. All of it was racing by Dustin Henderson. He had contacted his sister and let her know that Eddie was safe but that the cops were watching their every move and to be careful. He knew he could reunite them at some point, but first thing was they needed to come up with a game plan. After retrieving the others from the upside down and Nancy having an apocalyptic vision about Hawkins, the gang was putting together their best laid plans.

There were four gates and he needed four murders. The next question was would it be Max or would it be Delilah? Both were experiencing something from Vecna. Dustin wasn't too sure of how the interaction had gone with Vecna and his sister, but from what Eddie described, it wasn't good. And hell, he had been there to witness Max almost dying as well. He couldn't imagine losing either one of them, but he'd be lying if he hadn't thought especially about his sister. With everything that had been happening over the last year or so, now even more, he couldn't imagine going on without her. The gang was picking up supplies that day and Delilah to boot. He couldn't wait to be in the company of his sister again.

He didn't know how she was going to meet them at the army surplus store, but he had faith that she would be able to escape the cops watching her. As the group waited inside the camper, they heard a knock on the side door. Dustin was quick to rip open the camper door and allow his sister to enter the walkway. As soon as she was inside, she embraced her younger sibling, squeezing him tightly. He wanted to reciprocate but he didn't think he could hug her as tightly as she was hugging him.

"I was worried sick about you!" She said, pulling away and eyeing him up and down for a moment. "Are you okay?" She asked, not tearing her glance away from him.

"Yeah, D, I'm fine," He said, smiling up at her. He knew that the real reunion would be between her and Eddie who was watching skeptically in the corner, "I'm just glad Vecna didn't get you," He spoke, feeling a little guilty that he hadn't been able to be there for his sister.

Delilah's eyes shot towards Eddie's and he watched as her face lightened. "Hey Eds, glad you're okay," She said, kind of quietly. He wasn't sure why he felt tension between the two of them. But there definitely was some. He figured it had something to do with what happened at teh lake. Not to mention, she had been out of the loop on everything going on up until that point.

Before the reunions could go on much longer, the group arrived back in the camper with arms loaded with weaponry and various camouflage gear. "Oh shit yea," Dustin mused as he helped Nancy and Robin up with all of the equipment. Steve was hauling his fair share as well before he got into the driver's seat of the camper.

"Time to haul ass, kids," Steve spoke, wanting to get out of dodge as fast as he could.

The plan had been laid and Dustin had to fill in Delilah on everything going on. There was a lot to cover. It took the entire care ride out to the open land the gang was going to to prepare their weapons. Dustin and the group had fought some pretty scary beasts before, but Vecna seemed to be one step above all of them. He briefly wondered where Eleven was and how he wished that she was here to help them. What he wouldn't do to have the original group all together. Mike and Will especially. They had a pretty strong group of fighters, but their campaign party would never be complete without them. He hoped that wouldn't effect their chances later. As they all piled out of the camper and began to distribute the weapons, he noticed Delilah and Eddie being kind of distant once again. He wondered what could have happened between them to have caught such disarray in times like this. Now was the time to stand together more than ever.