o28 || dustin

It was the start of August and Friday the 13th: Part VI was out. It was subtitled Jason Lives so Dustin could only assume the chaos that would ensue in this movie. He had tried to invite Delilah one day when she had taken him out for video games at the arcade. Alas, she had turned him down. She was his only hope to see the movie in theaters . . . or was she? He had concocted a plan to get Steve Harrington to take him to the film. He knew that Steve had been seeing one of the ticket girls at the drive in so he figured he could even get them in for free. So, he showed up at Family Video to rent the rest of the Friday the 13th movies to binge before he saw the new one, hopefully. He technically wasn't allowed to rent them, but Steve and Robin always let him pass on the ID portion since it was under his mom's account.

The video store was practically empty for a Friday night but that meant there was a chance that all five of the previous Friday movies were still instock. Surely people would have had the same idea he had as he pursued the horror section, Steve rambled in his ear about a girl he had been lusting after recently. Dustin was practically tuning him out much like Robin was forced to. He found the five movies he had been hunting for before looking at Steve unamused at his conversation.

"Was I supposed to be listening? Wait, unless it's about the girl that works the ticket booth at the drive in?" He asked, suddenly intrigued in his rambling.

"That's who I was literally just talking to you about, Joanne, God why does no one listen?" Steve vented, looking down at Dustin's pile of movies, "Doesn't your secretly weirdo sister own all of these? You said she had a pretty sick horror collection, right?"

"Yeah but she took part three and four so I might as well get them all while I'm here," Dustin groaned, heading to the register where Robin was ringing someone else up, "Speaking of, do you think Joanne can get us into the new Friday movie?"

"God how many of those fuckin' things are there?" Steve asked, setting his hands on his hips, "And no way, there's no way they'd let you in." He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Just tell her we're cousins or something!" Dustin suggested in a slightly heated tone. His temper was a little more intense since Delilah still wasn't back at home. Sometimes she would give him and Eddie a ride to school, but that was rare since she usually worked night shift and stayed up pretty late.

"Okay and what's in it for me?" He asked, raising his brows in an unamused manner.

"You help me get my mind off all my family bullshit and you get to see Joanne. Hell, bring her with! I don't care!" Dustin responded, throwing his arms up in the air after setting his movies on the counter. As Robin scanned the movies, Dustin began digging through his pockets for the wad of bills and change he had to pay for the movies.

"Really? And you'd totally third wheel so you could see this dumb movie?" He asked, perking only one brow at this point.

"Yes, look . . . I really need this, please Steve," He said, looking at him earnestly, yet still a hint of annoyance trembled in his eyes.

With a sigh, Steve responded with a, "Fine, I'll take you to see Friday the 13th Part . . . what 37 now?" He asked, sarcastically.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow," Dustin dropped the money he owed on the cash register before snatching up his stack of movies and heading towards the door.

"Just tell me what time to-" Before he could finish, Dustin was out the door and hopping on his bike, "Dammit he's gone," Steve said with an exasperated sigh.

- - - - - - - - - - – -

Dustin had eventually contacted Steve and let him know which showtime he wanted to go to. He was honestly a little nervous that Steve would bring Joanne. He really needed Steve's insight on some of these more adult things going on in his life. But he had said he would third wheel if it meant he got to see the movie. It still honestly was worth it to him. Mostly because it reminded him of all the movies Delilah would get him into. She once took the whole Hellfire Club to a showing of The Slumber Party Massacre which they were definitely not old enough to see. Hell, not even Delilah was. She just knew someone who worked the ticket booth at this scuzzy theater on the wrong side of town. They always showed the best horror movies.