o26 || eddie

Living with Delilah was ideal for him. Sure the two had only been together not even a year, but their new living situation was ideal, especially now that she had her car back. It was like having an eternal date. They would wake up next to one another and fall asleep in bed beside each other. They watched movies and smoked and drank and cooked meals together, something Eddie thought he would never see himself do. Neither one of them were very good cooks, so there was lots of spaghetti and meatball nights, but he loved every second of it. Despite everything going so swimmingly for him, he was still in mild shock over everything that happened with Charles on the same day he found out he would be retaking his senior year. Delilah was already being supportive however, and walking around saying '86 baby!' It was rather endearing to him that she cared so much.

Summer was flying by though. He was sure he would be back in class in no time flat, despite what he really wanted. That morning, he laid in bed, holding Delilah close to him. She was asleep in one of his black sabbath t-shirts and her underwear and that was it. He himself was clad only in a pair of briefs, but the two were adjusted to sleeping like this nowadays. His hand was running through her bright red right streak of curls as she shifted in bed beside him. The only thing he wasn't used to, and she didn't seem to be either, was the nightmares she had been having. She always acted like she didn't remember having one after she calmed down, but Eddie knew better. She always looked so scared and panicked, he figured she was just trying to block it all out.

She stirred and began groaning, the tell tale sign of a bad nightmare coming on. Eddie hated to wake her, but didn't want her to shoot up covered in sweat and scared out of her mind as she had been doing. He began to shake her lightly when the name rolled off of her lips, "Billy . . . " He stopped for a moment, stunned by hearing his girlfriend call out an ex-boyfriend's name. He wished he could understand her attachment to him better, but instead began shaking her a little more violently. Her eyes fluttered open and she grabbed onto Eddie immediately. She still looked panicked as her eyes skated around the room, nervously.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," He reassured her, pulling her close to him, "It was just another dream Delilah." He pet the back of her head as she laid on his chest and took in deep, steady, breaths.

He would be lying if he said he didn't love being there to comfort her. "Another one? I'm sorry, Eds," She said, curling up in his arms as her body pressed against his softly.

"It's okay, I got you," He said, kissing the top of her head and feeling her shift against him.

This was the new dynamic after everything had happened at her family household. Delilah hadn't cried about anything though, which made him wonder if that's where all the dreams were coming from. He was brought back to the sobbing girl on his couch almost a year ago and wondered what had changed in her. He was sure it had something to do with Charles. He couldn't believe he didn't attack the man that night. No one knew what to do in the moment though, not even Delilah. She had just stood there, shocked and despondent. Eddie figured if they ever came into contact with him again, he'd definitely have some things to hash out with him. However, Delilah had gone back to get her stuff while he was out with the boys one night. She said she wanted to make sure no one was home before she did it. Now she had her own dresser drawer dedicated to her and a spot for all of makeup and odds and ends. She had even gotten her own spot in his room to hide all of her weed in. Eddie couldn't help but laugh at the idea of him living with a girl, Delilah Henderson, for that matter. The two had been going steady for quite some time now and he still wasn't used to the looks he got when he saw someone from school when they were together.

They always looked either disgusted or stunned, but he loved every second of it. As Delilah slowly sat up, Eddie followed in suite, though he really didn't want to leave their current holding spot on the bed. Delilah picked up the analog clock off of the nightstand and the time read 12:15 pm. She groaned before setting the clock back down and looking at him.