o33 || delilah

The morning was an interesting one to say the least. Eddie and her had fallen asleep in the boat, before they had heard movement outside. Eddie had covered them with a tarp as they listened intently, trying to distinguish who was coming for them. Before Delilah could identify the voice of her brother and his friends, Eddie shot out of the boat and pinned Steve Harrington to the wall with a broken bottle in hand. She wasn't even quite sure where he had gotten it from, but she had emitted a scream over the whole ordeal. She couldn't help but be startled this early for her. Especially after everything the two had been through. Delilah had also slept like shit, having more and more nightmares as the days went on. When things finally settled down, Delilah was quick to embrace her younger brother, the two reunited after what seemed like a lifetime after her night in the boat. Eddie managed to explain things and what he had seen.

That's when Dustin spilled the beans about the upside down and the powers it had over Hawkins. They had deemed the new villain, Vecna. What made her even more nervous was when Max started explaining her experiences with him. Or the dreams she was having rather. It sent chills down Delilah's spine, but she dared not say anything. There was no way she was being effected by this creature. Her palms began to sweat as she quickly grabbed Eddie's hand as Max began to explain more and more of what she had been experiencing. The lights. The lights had flickered in her apartment at the same time of Crhissy's death. Eddie had to be innocent. She cursed herself for ever doubting otherwise.

"Delilah, I don't think it's good for you to stay here with Eddie," Dustin spoke up before retrieving Delilah's attention.

"Excuse me?" She asked, a little perturbed by this suggestion.

"The cops are looking for you too for questioning. They know you're Eddie's girlfriend," Dustin spoke softly, retreating from his sister's sudden burst of aggression.

Delilah looked over at Eddie and their eyes matched in intensity. She couldn't imagine leaving him to fend for himself, but her brother had a point.

"If anyone can keep the police at bay, it's you," Steve chimed in, "You're the closest person to Eddie and they know that. You'd be safer back at home," He added.

"I can't go home," She shook her head, in disbelief at what they were suggesting, "There's no way I'm leaving Eddie.:

"They think he kidnapped you," Dustin spoke softly amongst the bickering.

Delilah stared at him in shock before noticing Eddie's defeated look, "They what?"

"The news, they're saying that Eddie killed Chrissy and you could be an accomplice or kidnapped by him," He spoke gently to her, yet firmly enough to stand in him believing she would be safer at home.

"We . . . There . .. There has to be another way," She retorted, denying the need for her to go home, "I don't want to." She said, feeling her bottom lip quiver lightly as she grabbed a hold of Eddie's hand tightly. She couldn't imagine leaving him behind. She couldn't picture him in Reefer Rick's boat shed, cold and alone. It ripped her apart before the rest of the group began to agree with Dustin and Steve.

"Delilah," He spoke, grabbing her hand back and turning to face her, "You have to go home. Help me clear my name," He said, determined. "My chances aren't good but if you can help them, it'll be worth it." He said, rubbing her arm gently.

"But I . . . But . . ." Delilah felt defeated. There didn't seem to be anyway for her to convince the others that she needed to stay behind with Eddie. She couldn't even convince Eddie for that matter, "We can just go to the cops and explain what happened!" She begged, still trying to grasp at any way to not leave Eddie's side.

"They'd never believe me, Delilah," He reached forward and grabbed both of her hands, grasping them tightly, "I'll be okay. /We'll/ be okay. Just help them figure out how to kill this vecna guy and . . . Everything will be okay," The more he spoke, the more her stomach twisted in a negative way.