o27 || delilah

What nerve did they have? To show up to Eddie's trailer to try and get him to convince her to come home. The audacity was shaking her to her core. She just wanted to be left alone for a while. She had been slapped by the man she once called her father. It didn't necessarily surprise her that he would stoop to these lows, but it still shook her up. She had vented to Fuzzy about it a little bit that evening on her shift while they counted down the register and straightened up the shop. She tried not to let people in on her personal life that often, but she was close to the Fuzzy family and even though Laurie was a bit of a blabber mouth, the owner of the record shop was good at listening and she had honestly looked up to him like a father. She had been working at the record store ever since she flunked out from college and the family had always been there for her. Not just because Delilah was Fuzzy's best little drug mule either. She was good at selling to. She didn't really take pride in it since she was making most of her money from dealing drugs but she tried not to let the semantics get to her.

Her and Fuzzy were smoking up out back near the dumpster after their shift like they always did when he closed with her. Hell, she smoked with his wife and his daughter as well. Sometimes she got ridiculously jealous of Laurie for having such cool, understanding, parents but that had increased lately.

"How're you and Eddie?" Fuzzy asked, handing the joint back to his employee.

"Things are going well, I think," She said, taking a long rip off the joint, "It's weird having like a . . . boyfriend but, it's kinda nice," She admitted to her boss.

"Siobhan was the exact same way when we first met," He chuckled, taking the weed back from her, "She wanted nothing to do with me when we first met. She was too cool for school, man. But I wore her down eventually," He laughed shaking his head while he reminisced on him and his wife's relationship, "You just gotta get him into better music, girl. That heavy metal shit is too . . ."

"Heavy?" She asked with a snort, hitting the joint and taking in the smoke, "Some of it's pretty good. He plays music, ya know?" She bragged on Eddie momentarily.

"Oh no! What are you doing? Dating a musician, Delilah, you're smarter than that," He obviously joked.

"He's a drug dealer to," She wiggled her brows mischievously.

"Double whammy, you're in trouble now sis," He said with a laugh before finishing off their third joint and stamping it out under his feet, "Well get home safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't do and give that boy of yours a fuckin' haircut,"He said with a laugh before making his way around the building towards his car.

Delilah followed him, laughing in her mind about what Eddie would look like with short hair. Ever since she had known him in middle school, he always had shaggy, longer hair. Not that she minded one bit if she was being honest. Long hair was kind of her thing. The two said their goodbyes and Delilah made her trek back to Eddie's trailer. When she pulled up, the lights were all on and light music poured from the front door as she approached the rickety steps. Upon entering, she was greeted to a burnt smell and the sounds of Def Leppard playing from the stereo on the living room. Eddie popped his head out of the kitchen before offering her a welcoming grin.

"Honey! I'm home!" Delilah rang out cheerily before making her way to him. She pecked him on the lips before peeking past him into the dining room set up which was in the kitchen. She saw a couple of pizza boxes and she smiled, realizing what the burnt smell must have been from.

"Spaghetti and meatballs kinda went south tonight so . . . voila! Bon apetit!" He said with a small blush coating his cheeks.

"You know I'm always down for pizza," She said, kissing him again on the cheek.