o13 || dustin

Dustin Henderson was not trick r treating this year. It would be his first year since he could remember that he was even swearing off costumes. Despite Delilah trying to get him to go to a Halloween party at Chrissy Cunningham's house. Who was she kidding? Like he would ever be welcomed there. He wasn't even truly welcome at the party at his own house. Let alone some cheerleader's house that probably didn't even know he existed, despite Delilah and her being relatively close. He had heard rumors, however, of Delilah convincing Eddie Munson to do a couples costume with her. If anyone loved Halloween, it was Delilah. She always either threw the best parties or had the best costumes. He was sure that this year would be no different. With the exception of his dungeon master being drug along to join her.

Eddie and him had come to grow pretty close since he was now always at his house, or at least it seemed like it. The two still denied being an item, but Dustin knew better. He had felt the same way about Billy when he started coming around like this. He shuddered at the thought of the two though. He had seen Billy interact with his sister and sometimes they would get into pretty intense fights at school. He dared not to say anything though. His sister would have pretended like she knew nothing about it anyways. She hated when he got pulled into gossip or drama involving her. Instead, Dustin was going over to Mike's for a night with the boys, pizza, and horror movies. Delilah had let him borrow her best Halloween classics, including a 70's horror movie that was apparently really disturbing called the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Dustin was wearing his comfortable electric blue joggers along with a t-shirt that said 'this is my costume' in bright orange letters across it. Perfect for a sleepover at Mike's. However, when he got to the living room, he was stunned to see Eddie already there. He tried to hold back his laughter at the sight of Eddie's costume. He had been conversing with the Henderson clan matriarch but was clad in tight ripped, black jeans, a white baseball tee and a black vest.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Dustin asked with a chortle, pointing at the rocker in his living room.

"It makes more sense with Delilah's costume," He said, shaking his head at the boy who couldn't stop snickering, "At least I hope she's wearing a costume."

"Oh she's been working on it for the past two weeks and she's so excited for it!" Claudia Henderson interjected into the conversation before she eyed her son, "Dusty, you're not going to the Halloween party?" She asked, confused as to why her son wouldn't partake in the Halloween night festivities.

"The guys and I are going to go over to Mike's house and have a horror movie marathon," He informed his mom, as if this was the first time he had told her he wasn't going to that stupid party.

"Oh well that's nice to, honey," Oh!" She perked up, hearing Delilah's door open and close. "I think that's her!" She pinched Eddie's arm since he was standing so close to her.

Dustin's jaw dropped when he saw his sister in pure disgust. He couldn't believe what she was wearing. Had she even seen the movies? Surely . . . actually, they had seen all three in theaters together. Still, princess leia was /his/ crush. Not Eddie's. Well, he couldn't blame Eddie for having a crush on her to, but his sister dressed like this was /not/ the princess leia he knew and loved. She was wearing a white, long sleeved dress that stopped being so flowy at the wrists where they were cuffed. However, the dress was not long but stopped mid thigh length. He was afraid if his sister bent over, the whole world would see everything. She was wearing chunky black heels and her hair was done up in Princess Leia's infamous side buns. The streak of blue was wrapped up in the one on the left.

"Oh hell no!"' Dustin said, though when he looked at his family for backup, he saw Eddie's jaw dropped and his mom's was to. Probably at how short the dress was, but her mom never intervened with Delilah's outfits. Whenever Dustin would question it, their mother always explained that she was a grown adult and could dress however she wanted. This outfit was probably making her question those feelings however.

"Wow Dustin, thanks," She said, crossing her arms over her chest in a pouty manner.

"You can't be Princess Leia! She's like . . . nerd territory, right Eddie?" He asked, elbowing his friend who was still staring in silence.

"Sorry kid, I think I'm with your sister on this one," He spoke, clearing his throat lightly.

"Oh my god, and does that make you Han Solo?" He asked, suddenly repulsed by how campy the two's costumes were. "Jesus, you guys make me sick."

"Dustin! Go get mommy's camera would you? I have to have a picture of my two rebels!" She said, accurately quoting what Star Wars affiliation they were. Probably from all the times Dustin rambled about it to her.

Dustin groaned before making his way to the closet where extra blankets, their video camera and their polaroid camera was before bringing it back to the group. Their mother wrangled the two together and Dustin watched, almost in jealousy. Eddie hadn't really been too focused on Hellfire Club lately and the group hangouts suddenly lacked him. Like tonight for instance. He couldn't believe he was blowing off the boys to go party with his sister, who he vehemently pretended to dislike for years.

He certainly wasn't going to stay for the pictures, especially since he wasn't in a costume. He told his mom he loved her, told Delilah to put on some pants, and told Eddie to keep it in his own pants. Dustin's mom had scolded him for such a profane though, but also kissed him on the cheek and told him to be safe. Dustin sped down the road towards the Wheeler residence, hoping there was a little more normality there. As he pulled in on his bike, he flipped up the kickstand before heading to the front door.

When he knocked, Mrs. Wheeler answered the door dressed as a cat with a bowl of candy in her hands. Was he the only one not in costume this year? He felt like it suddenly became cool again, even though at school he had been ridiculed years before for doing so. He was ushered inside and given a pack of skittles before he made his way down to the basement. Upon his arrival, he was greeted by his fellow dungeon crawlers who welcomed him by shouting his name all out the tops of their lungs. At least /someone/ was excited to see him.

"Boys I've brought the mother load!" He said, dumping his backpack out onto the card table that some of the boys were sitting around. VHS tapes fell everywhere as well as some candy he had swiped from his mom's candy bowl before he left. The boys scrambled to look at the VHS tapes. Lucas grabbed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and his eyes widened.

"I can't believe your sister has this! I've heard crazy things about it, let's watch this one first!" He called, raising his arms up with the VHS tape in his hands.

"Hell yeah!" Dustin agreed, popping a skittle into his mouth.

As the boys started the movie, he couldn't help but wonder how his sister and more importantly, Eddie, was faring at the party. It was their first time out together in public to his knowledge and he knew Eddie had been really nervous about it. He shoved the thought from his mind however, believing that Eddie got himself into this mess, trying to hook up with his older sister. Then again, Eddie didn't really seem like the guy to just 'hook up' with a girl. He knew him better than that. He was almost kind of gallant when it came to girls. He was rarely ever rude to them unless they were rude to him and he acted suave and dorky around them anyways.

The boys continued to watch the movie and Dustin let himself forget about all that life stuff and just focus on the night with his friends.