o30 || delilah

Holidays were coming and going faster than Delilah seemed to be able to keep up with. Halloween had gone off without a hitch as she spent it with Dustin at Eddie's trailer. She made food, stew if she remembered right, and the three of them all watched horror movies and ate candy Delilah had bought everyone. It was the first time she had seen her brother smile in what seemed like forever. Christmas was going to be another animal she assumed. Delilah had accepted her mother's invitation to family Christmas, Eddie included. She was promised that Charles wouldn't be anywhere near her and was told to keep everything civil. For once, Delilah felt like she had her family on her side. Maybe the distance really was helping them realize how easily Delilah could shut them out. This brought her an unnecessary amount of comfort. To think that she could guard herself so carefully made her feel safe.

Something that didn't make her feel safe was how fast she was falling for Eddie Munson. Sure, /he/ made her feel safe, but the idea of breaking down another wall to him seemed so scary. Things had seemed to continue on their normal path after she confessed her nightmares to him. That had been a scary night for her but more so because for once her mind was silent. There wasn't a gnawing sense of fear in her heart. Eddie and her were trying to get ready for the Christmas party that had developed per Dustin that morning, letting her know that the Wheelers and Mayfields would be joining them that evening. This made Delilah want to dress a little nicer since there would be other families around. She put on a pair of skinny, black, denim jeans without holes in them and an oversized navy blue sweater. Eddie was sliding on his red and black flannel and buttoning it up over his Iron Maiden t-shirt.

"Are you okay?" Eddie asked, his hands twirling away at tying the laces of his boots up as Delilah fixed her hair in the mirror for easily the fifth time.

"Yeah I just . . . I don't know . . . I'm nervous I guess," She said, a lit joint hanging from in between her lips. There was no way she was dealing with this much social interaction without being blitzed out of her mind. She had even packed a flask in her side bag that she intended on taking.

"I get it, I'm pretty sure the last time I saw your dad I told him off pretty good so . . . " He finished tying his boots and stood up to wave himself around, turning on his boot heels and asking how he looked.

"You should let me put your hair in a ponytail!" Delilah gasped and bounded towards him. He began to resist as the two fought for a moment, Eddie's hands around Delilah's wrists.

"No way! I gotta let my freak flag fly!" He said, trying to push her hands away from his hair.

She moved her hands to his side before sneaking in to place a quick kiss on his lips. Eddie's defense waived and the grip on her wrists loosened as his hands drifted to her hips. "Fine but next time, you're letting me play with your hair," She added, kissing him once again.

"Deal, princess," He spoke before he noticed Delilah's twisted look on her face.

"I thought that name was reserved for your guitar?" She asked, perking her brows in confusion at him.

"Maybe this knight's eyes have shifted to a new . . . prospect?" He asked, sounding medieval.

"Oh my, a man has come a courtin'!" She said in a thick southern accent with a wide smile on her face. She couldn't speak in a renaissance tone so she went with what she knew best.

"Damnit, Janet," He started to sing Rocky Horror Picture Show before he stopped and looked directly into her eyes. Her hazel orbs were getting lost in those chocolate brown hues boring into her own eyes. "Delilah, I-"

"Kids, it's snowing, you all better head on out!" Eddie's uncle Wayne shouted to them from the living room.

"Thanks Wayne!" Eddie breathed out back to his direction before smiling back at Delilah. "Ready?"