Chapter 11

"Look who is late today", Liam teased as she entered the kitchen. She was late by thirty minutes. All because she had to wait for Zain's suit to be delivered because he was her ride, Yolanda decided it was time for a quickie. She was very expressive so that only assured one thing, her being loud as well. It was weird getting dressed with Zain but it felt natural, he helped her with her zipper and she helped him with his tie. None of them spoke about their makeup session which was still stuck in the back of her head. The kiss was amazing that it made her body shiver every time she remembered how Zain held her or how his muscular body felt against her skin. They both had clothes on but she did not miss how his massive member felt on her thigh. He was definitely gifted.

She cleared her throat and apologised to Liam for being late falling in her station and thirty minutes later she was right on track with her tasks. "So we are going to Joe's after work, you in?", Liam asked when they were preparing the buffet for the workers, before she could answer Claire walked in and called her. "Valerie honey, there is a man here by the name of Stonebrige, he wants to speak to you", she said leading her to one of the private rooms that were used by cooks to host their weekly meetings. "Thank you Claire", she said and walked to Agent Stonebrige who looked different without his uniform. "Valerie", "Agent Stonebrige, what are you doing here? I thought you were not going to follow me", "Valerie, it's my job to keep you safe. Am here on business so I thought I should stop by and see how you are coping", he said sincerely making her body relax. "Am ok I guess. Am a Cook now and the salary is good", "That's nice. Has he reached out to you?", there it was. The reason for his visit. "Agent Stonebrige, I have no intention of reliving what happened before so no, he has not contacted me and even if he did, I wouldn't spare him the light of day so please do not reach out to me again", she said with anger and walked away leaving behind a confused Agent.

"Who is that hottie?", Mia asked. "No one important, let's get to serving", she said while putting her apron on and positioning herself in front of her section. "So are we going? to Joe's or did your ex just ruin the day for all of us?", Liam asked making her smile. "One Eeewww, he is not my ex nor is he my type and two am not looking for a relationship now so let's just go out and drink for whatever reason you guys are", she said making them laugh. People started walking into the cafeteria and soon the place was packed as usual. They were done by three, finished cleaning by four and left for the bar. It was Friday so the bar was packed. Valerie was not in the mood to go to a bar but after a visit from Agent Stonebrige, she needed a break from reality and Liam and Mia were ready to provide it. They were later joined by Mia's husband and his friends. They were nice and the conversation was kept neutral. Valerie excused herself and went to the ladies' room. When she was heading back to their table she bumped into someone but she didn't bother looking back, she just picked up her phone that fell and stood to leave when she heard someone calling her. At first, she thought she heard wrong so she kept walking forward until she was pulled back when she turned she met face to face with Boris. "Iris? fuck it really is you", he said but she kept a neutral face, pulling her hand away. "It's me Boris", she didn't reply, instead of going back to their table, she ran away. Only when she was in an uber did she text Mia, telling her she had an emergency and had to leave. She kept on looking behind to see if they were being followed but there was no car. She released a breath and hoped that Boris wouldn't tell anyone about her. 

"Val, you ok?", Rayan asked when she rushed into the room panting. "Yap, I just tried jogging on the stairs that's all", she said going to her room to clean herself up. She was happy that the next day there was no work so she could just relax. She thought of the odds that made her meet Boris that night, what if Antonio was also there? Would she be able to face the man who destroyed her life? She took a deep breath and got to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, she heard someone knocking on her bedroom door. It was Zain, he looked tired, "Mind if I join you?", he said with a lazy smile, she opened the door for him allowing him to enter. After taking a shower he joined her in bed sleeping on her chest as he did before. "This is a very addicting pillow", "Oh really?", "Yes it is", he confirmed making Valerie smile. "How was your day?", "Horrible, you?", "It was a good week actually, someone gave Liam a reason to poke his nose in my business since Monday because I've never been late before", she said smiling making Zain chuckle. "That is so Landa's fault. I am not your ride", he said with a laugh. It made Valerie laugh too, Yolanda was one in a million. "As much as my wonderful roommate is eventful you are the one that made us wait for a suit and also made me stop focusing on getting ready so that I could help you with your tie", she said with a laugh. "Guilty, but with all honesty, I hate ties", he said pulling back to look at her. 

"Valerie, I really like you and I want to be more than just a friend to you. I know you feel the connection between us, and I can see that you want this too... Yolanda told me that you had a rough past, I can't say that I won't mess up because I know I will but not intentionally. I mean people in relationships fight all the time. Fuck! I need you, Valerie, please", he said now hovering over her. He looked worried. "Am scared Zain", she said in a whisper. "I will never hurt you Valerie", "I have heard that one before", "Val am not him, let me show you that am not him". She felt tears run from her eyes. "Please.", he begged. After a long silence, she finally replied, "Ok... I will be with you Zain".