Chapter 41

Zain's POV

Although he pretended to be calm he was freaking out, bringing Valerie on the family trip was going to bring questions that he was not ready to address. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Valerie but he also wanted it to happen naturally not from his mother's influence. She always had a thing for controlling stuff. He recalled when Rayan introduced Yolanda to them, from the reputation they both had it was clear that their mother did not like Yolanda. The tabloids didn't either. It was after he spoke to her that their mother agreed to make an effort to know her and now they were like BFFs. 

With the expression she had the very first day that she saw Valerie's picture, she looked happy, so Zain knew he had an even bigger problem and that was keeping his mother away from Valerie. Knowing his mother, she will pressure her into getting married. They landed in Hawaii close to midnight and went straight to the villas. He could see the excitement Valerie had and couldn't wait to go hiking on his favourite trail with her. He enjoyed doing it and he wanted to share the experience with her. "Ok, kids. Should we order some food?", Aaliya asked. "Uh... I could make something for us. I mean it's late", Valerie suggested. "Are you sure sweetie? I mean you don't have to", their mother asked while her face showed that she really wanted Valerie to cook. "Yes of course", she replied making his Mum jump with excitement, like a kid in a candy store. "Are you sure it's a good idea to let Mum get close to her?", Rayan asked making their father chuckle. "Honestly, I'm terrified", Zain replied going to his room. It was facing the beach and had a veranda. He thought of how Valerie was going to flip after seeing the view. He could not stop himself from thinking of how she would look moaning his name under the moonlight, the thought gave him an idea of consummating the room. He unpacked their bags, coming across a couple of casual clothes that were in his size, making him smile. Valerie was still hoping to make him change, she even got him sandals and sneakers. He knew Rayan was in on it because there was no way she knew or could have guessed his shoe size correctly. He thought of the way his father and Rayan were dressed. He did look too formal for the occasion, even his hiking gear had army boots. He released a breath looking at the variety of pants she had, she really did think a lot about it. He was surprised to see a set of cargo, casual and even track pants. It made him smile when he remembered how she was struggling to close her bag. He made up his mind, grabbing a pair of black track pants with a white t-shirt and sandals. He changed and then went to join the family who without a doubt was in the kitchen looking at his Valerie. Yap, that was exactly how things were when he entered the kitchen. "Who are you and what have you done with my brother?", Zoya asked after taking a couple of pictures of him.  Everyone turned to look at him with shock on their faces but Valerie had a different reaction which made him smirk. She was so turned on, when she realised that she was caught, she blushed a smile decorating her face. He walked to where Zoya was sitting with her mysterious boyfriend.  

"Who the fuck is he?", Zain asked Rayan when Rasheed and Zoya disappeared. He did not want to think of what they were up to. "He is the son of Mum's friend. She hooked them up last week and invited him for the trip. I don't think Zoya knew he would be here but you know she likes attention, rumour has it the boy has always had a crush on Zoya since high school", Rayan said and it made sense. Another one of their Mum's missions. "What are you two gossiping about", their father said sitting next to them with a beer in his hand. "Are you allowed to drink that?", Zain asked with concern. "My love, am I allowed to drink alcohol? Your son is concerned", he asked their mother with a smile. She was watching Valerie cook and she did not look like she cared. "Anhaa!", "Man! I have lost my wife", he whined making Zain and Rayan laugh. Zain's eyes met Valerie, he winked at her making her look away quickly. He could see that she was trying her best to be perfect, what she didn't know was, she already was. "Stop daydreaming boy", his father said bringing him back to reality. He poured more whiskey into his glass sipping slowly.

"You have got to love my timing", Yolanda said walking into the kitchen when Valerie was opening the oven to take out a set of three pizzas. "OMG! It smells amazing in here", Zoya said walking in with her fingers laced with Rasheed's. "Nice work daughter-in-law", his mother told Valerie giving her a high five. They surrounded the pizzas everyone serving themselves. He poured some wine for Valerie handing a glass to her because she was standing on the other side with his mother and of course, his mother had to say they were adorable. "This is so delicious Valerie. Thank you", his mother said as she finished her fourth slice. "It's nothing really. Am just glad you like it", she replied looking down. Zain knew she did that when she was shy. "It's the best pizza ever. You should definitely come to our barbecues. Zain dear please bring her over next time", his mother told him, clearly giving him a double meaning of, 'I like her, she can come to my house now'. "Sure Mum", he said not looking away from the pizza tray. "Tariq, honey, your son is ignoring me on my birthday week", she told his father who glared at him. Zain stopped eating and turned to face his mother, "Mum, I will bring Valerie with me to the next barbecue". His sentence earned him a giggle from Valerie. He loved the sound and at that moment he knew it was time to make things official with her.