'Whats up with Will?'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

It reeked, like dust and desperate science teachers. The draining atmosphere of the classroom restricts her breathing and tightens her throat. Rah sat staring at the clock on the wall, tapping her fingers against the wooden desk and scratching at her wrist, The itch in the back of her neck never leaving.

The day had been going on for too long, too many fake conversations and dragging herself through each class.

Rah had woken up that morning with an off-set feeling and it hadn't gone away no matter how many Tylenol she took.

She was so lost in her thoughts that Rah never noticed the bell ring, nor her teacher telling the class to read up on chapter twelve for homework.

"Rah" The voice brought her back to her senses. Stood in front of her desk was her teacher Mr. Clark,

"Is everything okay? you looked like you were in another world?" He asked, chuckling to himself.

"Yeah.. yeah of course, sorry" she replied. She stood up, pushing her chair backwards wincing as it scraped across the floor.

Walking towards the door, she noticed the group of so-called nerds watching her walk out making her raise an eyebrow in return, each boy quickly turning away.

"That was weird," Rah said to herself. isn't there usually four? Where was Will?.

Will and Rah had been close ever since she came to Hawkins middle, he was the first person to make a conversation with her before she had become more popular. Ever since, they had a type of sibling bond.

-

Rah was on her way out of the school when she was stopped by the chief of police, Jim Hopper. She was about to make a run for it because god knows what she was in trouble for this time, but he quickly reached out his hand and grabbed her upper arm.

Rah winced as his thumb pushed hard onto a large bruise near her shoulder, Hopper retracted his arm with a questioning look but initially overlooked it.

"We need to talk" Hopper muttered down at her.

"About?" she mouthed back, raising an eyebrow.

"Lose the attitude kid" he replied, getting an eye roll in return.

"It's about Will, I need answers" What?

"What's up with Will?" Hopper sighed and urged her along, taking her towards the principal's office.

Rah sat on the chair staring up at Hopper expectantly, waiting for him to talk.

"So" Rah said, dragging out the word longer than it needed to be.

"When was the last time you spoke with Will?" Hopper interrupted,

"Woah, I was actually speaking." he sighed again,

"Rah."

"Fine, yesterday" she answered. Hopper looked up from his notes and over to the girl.

"What time yesterday?"

"I don't know, sometime during the morning, he was with his other friends playing that game he likes for the rest of the day" she stated.

"And you didn't see him at all after that?" he asked again.

"Did I say I did?" she remarked,

"Hey" he raised his voice making Rah visibly flinch away

"I told you to watch the attitude" he sighed, "sorry."

After a few more questions She'd had enough

"Are we done?" The girl was hungry and hadn't had a good sleep in a while "I want to go home now" she told the chief.

"Sure kid, did you need a ride home?" Rah slowly shook her head in response and he gestured towards the door. She snatched up her bag from the floor and quickly left.

Rah made her way through the town's trailer park, walking towards the furthest block.

Opening up the door, the smell of alcohol hitting her in the face she walked to the back room, closing the door behind her and dropping her bag.

After getting changed, for a moment she sat on the bed looking aimlessly around her room before getting back up and walking to the fridge. Nothing, perfect. Rah rolled her eyes at the lack of food and settled on going for a walk instead, picking up her torch on the way out.  Cheryl was still at work anyways.

Rah was walking alongside the woods, lost in her thoughts when she heard the rattling of bikes ahead of her. No one's usually out here at this time.

The young girl started to speed up, interested in knowing who was riding their bikes near the woods so late. Once the girl got a closer look she was surprised among realizing it was the boys who were watching her leave the science classroom today, Wills friends.

"Michael!" the girl called out, in return receiving a bunch of strange looks.

"It's Mike" the Wheeler boy replied,

"Yeah, I know" of course I do, Will likes you. The boy Rah knows to be Lucas gives the girl a puzzled look.

"What are you doing here?"

"Are you guys looking for Will or something?" Rah asks, completely disregarding the boy.

"Maybe, are you?" the curly boy asks,

"I am if you are" the blonde replies. For a moment they all just look at each other through the rain before Dustin looks up

"Hey guys, you feel that? I think maybe we should go back."

"No" Mike advocates his disagreement "we're not going back, just stay close." Rah looks over to the trees and back to the boys.

"Come on," she walks off, despite the fact she had no idea where she was heading. From behind her she heard Mike speak up

"Just stay on channel six, don't do anything stupid."
The girl turned back around,

"Wait you guys have Walkman's?" the boys all gave her blank stares before Lucas piped up,

"Don't you?" Rah hesitated before answering "yeah.. Of course I just left it at home" no I don't. "Right."

They had all been walking for a while before anyone spoke to each other again.

"Guys, I really think we should turn back," Dustin insisted.

"Seriously Dustin , you wanna be a baby? Then go home already." Rah stayed silent whilst the boys began to bicker.

"Dustin, shut up" Mike uttered. Dustin continued to ramble, not getting that Mike actually wanted him to shut up.

"No seriously, shut up" Rah joined Mike "Did you guys hear that?" she asked.

They all stood shining their torches through the trees. A sound from behind made them all quickly turn in the direction and shine the light right into somebody's eye.

All that could be heard were the deep breaths of everybody there, Rah looked up at the girls buzzed down hair. Oh no.

———

a/n. This is my first story. Please correct me if anything is wrong <3