'D&D'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

A month later, Rah was sitting in Mike Wheeler's basement playing her first ever game of Dungeons and Dragons.

"Something is coming. Something angry, hungry for your blood. It is almost here." Mike read out.

"What is it?" asked Will. "It's the thessalhydra, I'm telling you." said Dustin. "It's not the thessalhydra" Lucas disagreed.

"I'm telling you, it's the thessalhydra." The curly haired boy insisted.

"The thessalhydra." Mike announced placing it on the board. "Damn, it"

"It screams in anger, Will your action." Will looks over to Rah, "what should I do?"

The girl shrugged her shoulders laughing, "don't look at me I don't even understand what's happening."

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled. "Fireball the son of a bitch," Dustin agreed.

Will rolled the dice as everyone watched in anticipation.

"It's fourteen!" Rah yelled out, everyone cheering in celebration.

"Direct hit. Will the Wise's fireball hits the thessalhydra. It makes a painful.." Mike acts out the screech making Rah widen her eyes in surprise. 

"And then.. It crumbles to the ground. It's clawed hand reaches for you one last time and, and, and, and." Mike flopped to the ground. "Yeah!" they all cheered, high fiving one another.

"Lucas cuts off the seven heads and Dustin places them into his bag of holding. You carry the heads out of the dungeon, victorious and you present them to king Tristan. He thanks you for your bravery and service." Mike finished.

"Woah, woah, woah, that's not it is it?" Dustin asks "no, there's a medal ceremony-" "oh a medal ceremony!" Dustin cuts Mike off. "What are you talking about?"

Rah looks over to Will and rolls her eyes at the boy's bickering again, making the boy laugh at her.

Everyone looked over to the stairs as they heard footsteps. "Jeez, what's that smell?" Jonathan's voice could be heard saying. "Have you guys been playing games all day, or just farting?" he asked.

"Oh my gosh, Jonathan!" Rah says dramatically, "thank god you're here." The boy chuckled at her. Rah was going back to the Byers for the night as Hopper was working late.

"Will, come on" Jonathan called.

"See ya guys." Will said. "Bye Rah, Will." The boys each yelled out.

Will, Rah and Jonathan were heading out the door as Nancy called over the older boy. "You guys head out to the car, I'll just be a minute." he told them.

"How was your first game of D&D?" Will asked the girl, "it was definitely interesting." she replied, smiling at the boy.

Jonathan hopped back into the car, "you guys ready?"

"Yep," Rah replied.