'Extended'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"The keys gone." Announced Anna as she lifted up the potted plant beside the door.

El nodded at the girl, using her powers to bust open the door for the group to enter.

"What the hell?" Sarah muttered, looking at the bunched up carpet along the ground.

"Tom? Heather?" Yelled Nancy, although they already knew there wouldn't be an answer.

"Jesus, it's freezing," Max complained, rubbing her bare arms.

"Should've brought a jacket," the blonde bragged, pushing past the girl as she wrapped her jumper further around herself.

The group walked into the house, Anna in front to lead them, while Beau followed quickly behind her.

"Do you guys smell that?" Asked Nancy as they entered the living room, the smell of strong chemicals instantly consuming their noses.

"Oh, god." Sarah winced as she spotted the bottle of pesticides and cleaning products. "More chemicals."

"You think they're guzzling this shit?" Jonathan asked, looking around to the others.

"I hope not." Muttered Anna, looking at everything other than the products on the bench.

"Either that or they just went on a hell of a cleaning spree." Suggested the oldest girl.

"It wouldn't have been a cleaning spree, we have a cleaner." Explained the long haired girl.

"But last year, Will didn't eat chemicals. Did you?" Max commented.

"No. This is something new." Will responded.

As the group continued to talk, the blonde walked forward and picked up one of the containers, holding it up to her nose to smell. The back of her throat stung as the substance filled her throat but she couldn't stop. Sarah stuck out her finger, wiping it along the brim of the container before bringing up to her mouth.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Interrupted Will before she could put it against her tongue. "Come on, we've found something."

"Oh."

Sarah walked up behind the party, placing her hand on Anna's shoulder and squeezing it as they looked at the bloodied bottle on the dining room floor.

"Blood." Nancy exclaimed.

The blonde girl sent Anna a sympathetic look as she heard the girl breathe in sharply.

"Yesterday, Tom had a bandage on his forehead. He was attacked." The girl continued to explain to them.

The group walked throughout the house, following the blood stained across the carpet, leading to the garage where they found a bundle of rope.

"They must have been tied up," Jonathan told them. "They must have taken them somewhere."

"Mrs. Driscoll, she kept saying 'I have to go back.' What if the flaying, it's taking place somewhere else? There must be a place where all this started, right? A source." Continued Nancy.

"Somewhere he didn't want me to see." El whispered.

"If we can find the source, then maybe we can stop him. Or at least stop it from spreading or doing whatever the hell he's doing with those chemicals." Suggested the Wheeler girl.

"So like, how do we find it then?" Asked Sarah.

"Mrs. Driscoll. If she wants to go back so badly, why don't we let her?" The youngest Byers hinted.

-

Sarah groaned as she pushed herself down her seat, the girl was next to window beside Max in the car trying her best to ignore her ex-girlfriend.

"I saw you." The redhead whispered. The blonde scowled as she turned towards her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"The chemicals, I saw you basically snorting them. I should probably tell everyone now, even if you didn't react in the sauna." The girl continued. Sarah narrowed her eyes at Max, biting her tongue to stop herself from saying something too rude.

"Yeah, well. Snitches end up in comas," Sarah threatened.

"That doesn't even make sense," muttered Max.

-

Sarah pushed past Max as the party walked into the hospital and into the foyer. Everyone tried their best to stay quiet and make their way past the receptionist but were stopped immediately.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Excuse me!" The lady exclaimed, "where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, um. I was just going to visit my grandma again and, and this is my family." Insisted Nancy.

"Extended," Lucas smiled.

"I don't care who they are, you know the rules. Two visitors at a time." The receptionist told them.

"But-"

"Two!"

The party sat in the waiting area while Nancy and Jonathan went up to Mrs. Driscoll. Lucas and Mike smacked on the vending machine while Sarah sat across the room laughing at them. 

The girl sat with her legs propped up on Will as she skipped through a magazine. She watched closely as Wills eyes dimmed, as Mike walked over to Eleven.

"Hey, don't be too upset Willy. You're like way too good for him." Sarah tried to joke.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Denied the boy. Sarah just hummed in response.

"Look who's coming over." The Byers boy warned as he got up nodding at the redhead that was walking over.

"No, Will. Don't leave me." The blonde demanded but he was already gone.

"Hey." Max greeted, as she sat down beside the girl.

"Hi?" Sarah questioned.

"Can we talk? Like real people-" but the girl was cut off when the lights began to flicker above them.

Sarah grabbed her back in pain as blood began pouring out of it and onto the chair behind her.

"Rah! Oh my gosh, what's happening?" Screamed Anna, gaining everyone's attention.

Max dived forward catching the girl under her arm before she fell over, holding her upright.

"Nancy and Jonathan!" The girl insisted through clenched teeth, " we need to get them."

"He's here." Will told them.

The party ran upstairs, including Sarah trying to find the older teens.

"This way," pointed Sarah, talking the lead.

When the group got to Jonathan, he was smacking on a door yelling out for Nancy which indicated to Sarah that she was in danger.

Together both the blonde and Eleven slammed down the door revealing the mutilated creature inside.

"What the fu-"

Both girls threw out their arms and grabbed ahold of the mind flayer, clawing it from the ground and smacking it around before throwing it out the window.

As the monster hit the floor, so did Sarah, blood pouring from her back as the demo dog scars from the prior year re-opened.

"Stay awake Sarah.." words slurred from behind her eyes.

-