'Like a rat?'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Rah laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she counted the wooden panels. The girl had woken up in the early morning, neck aching.

"Rise and shine." Hopper called, opening the girls bedroom door. Rah got up to greet her father and exited the room.

"So that's it, huh?" She heard her father ask, "you're still not talking?"

Last night, Rah came home to a quiet house, her father was sitting on the couch eating Halloween candy while El was in her room. He had promised the younger girl that he would come home earlier and they could spend the night together, but he forgot.

"Alright, I guess I'm just gonna have to enjoy this triple-decker Eggo extravaganza on my own." The man told her sister.

"Uh, I'm right here." Rah piped up. 

The family of three sat around their dining table, eating Hoppers creation.

"Mmm. Good, right?" he asked them, Rah looked up at her dad and smiled, nodding her head.

"You know the great thing about it? It's only 8000 calories." El looked up at the man, straight faced.

He pointed his knife at her, nodding, before sniffling and looking over to the cord running through the girls room.

"You visited him again last night?" Hopper asked, already knowing the answer.

"He said he needs me." the girl told him.

"Did you want me to check on him? Or Rah?"

"I'm not checking on him." the girl muttered, "He's being a brat."

Eleven just shook her head, "I know that you miss him, all right? But it's too dangerous. You're gonna see him. soon"

"Friends don't lie." oh God. "What?"

"You say soon on day 21. You say soon on day 205, you now say soon on day 326?"

Rah stood up from her chair, dropping her plate into the sink. Flinching when the curly haired girl began to raise her voice.

"I'm going to school, bye!" She shouted, slamming the door before she could hear the argument continue.

-

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the greatest medical curiosities' of all time." Mr. Clarks voiced dragged on.

Rah sat at her desk, watching Max stare at Will from across the room. She noticed as the boy felt eyes on him, turning to the girl, making her quickly look away. The blonde girl snorted causing her to cough as she choked.

The teacher continued on with his lesson, talking about the 'American Crowbar Case.'

A moment later, Dustin barged his way through the classroom doors, making Rah jump in her seat.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Clark," He started, "Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me."

"Although it wasn't a crow bar it, it was a rod. As i said." The teacher carried on.

Dustin turned around in his seat towards Max whispering something across to her before scrunching up a ball and throwing it at Rah trying to catch her attention.

Rah rubbed her head as she looked over at the boy. "AV club. Lunch." He murmured. The girl just nodded in reply absentmindedly.

"Dustin!" called Mr. Clark.

"Yes my lord?"

"Would you care to join the class now?" he asked. "Please, yes."

"The case of Phineas Gage."