'Stupid'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Sarah let out a big fake gasp, holding her hand up to her chest.

Although she feel a wave of relief rush out of her as she watched her sister walk through the door. The girl had been worrying about her all night, even though she knew El could handle herself, she was a strong girl.

She watched as Mike moved forward and wrapped her sister in a hug, eliciting a gag from the blonde girl.

"Is that..?" Max started.

"My sister," Sarah finished fondly.

"I never gave up on you, I called you every night. Every night for-." Mike began.

"353 days." both girls answered, one more kind-hearted than the other.

"God Mike, your voice is implanted into my brain like an annoying fly that just flies around your head and never goes away, do you know how hard it was to sleep?" The blonde girl drawled out. "Now move." She exclaimed pushing the boy out of the way and squeezing El in a tight hug.

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asked, joining them in the hug.

"You've been hiding her!" Mike accused. "You've been hiding her this whole time!"

The boy pushed on Hopper, who in turned knocked into Rah's back causing her to cry out in pain.

"Watch it, Frog Face." she threatened, through clenched teeth.

"Hey. let's talk." The chief told the boy. "Alone."

Sarah moved out of the way and stood next to Max while the boys greeted Eleven.

The girl winced as Dustin showed off his new teeth to the girl, purring like a lion.

"Don't do that, Dust-bin." she told him.

"Eleven?" Max walked forward, extending her arm forward. "Hey, um. I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you."

Rah pursed her lips as she watched her sister walk straight past the redhead with no acknowledgment.

"She'll come around, heck, she's been upset with me for the past few months so I'm still waiting for her to come around," Sarah assured Max, placing a hand on her shoulder, before following her sister.

-

"It's not like it was before, it's grown. A lot, And, I mean, and that's considering we can get in there." Hopper started. "I mean, the place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo Dogs." Dustin corrected him.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, demo dogs," The boy continued, "Like Demogorgon and dogs, you put them together, they sound pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper raised his voice.

"It's not. I'm sorry."

"I can do it." Eleven told them.

"Ooh, so can I!" Sarah exclaimed, putting up her hand.

He looked over to Eleven, "you're not hearing me." and then he looked towards Sarah. "No."

The girl's mouth gaped open. Rah zoned out, sulking until everyone got up to follow Joyce.

"He likes it cold," she murmured.

"What?"

"It's what Will kept saying to me," she explained, going over to the window and pulling it closed.

"We keep giving it what it wants," Rah said, catching on.

The group formulated a plan, they had to burn the virus out of Will and close the gate.

-

Sarah walked around the yard, looking for something that could be used as a heater. The girl walked towards a large pile of junk, unaware of the conversation between Steve and Nancy.

Only when she created a loud, sharp scraping noise against a tin sheet did she notice the looks she was getting from the older teens.

"Jeez, sorry." the girl apologized, wandering back inside.

Rah walked up to her father, ready to hop in the car.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked her.

"What do you mean 'where am I going?'" the girl repeated, acting clueless. "I'm coming to help."

"No, you're not," Hopper answered. "You're hurt."

"It's not even that bad, I'm coming with you." she insisted.

Hopper groaned before nodding his head, signaling that she could go back to the lab and help El.

The girl smiled before skipping back into the house to say goodbye to her friends.

-

Sarah sat in the back seat of the car tapping her fingers against the seat and listening to the conversation upfront, inputting a comment every once and a while.

Eventually, their conversation rounded to a point where they were confessing their feelings which made the girl gag. She didn't do feelings.

"I could be so.." Hopper started.

"Stupid." El finished.

"Yeah. stupid," he confirmed.

"I've been stupid too." the short-haired girl confessed.

Sarah stuck her head in between the two front seats.

"Can't relate."

When they arrived at the lab, the blonde girl got out of the car and walked up beside her sister, placing her hand in El's.

"You ready?" she asked, receiving a nod in return.

Rah grimaced upon entering the building, seeing all of the dead workers spread across the floor.

She wondered at what point this would all become too much for her, she was a strong person but when would that strength all fall apart?  When would that sudden moment of epiphany hit her?

The girl had been so into her thoughts she ran into the back of her father as he stalled in front of a man.

After giving up a gun to the doctor, the family of three made their way to the battlegrounds. The gate.

Rah tried to breathe at a steady pace as they hopped onto an elevator of some kind, keeping a tight grip on Eleven's hand.

She looked over at her sister for the reassurance she needed before she focused her whole attention to the gaping hole in front of her.

"Think of something that makes you angry." Eleven told her.

The girl moved out her arm, ignoring the blaring pain in her back and she tried her best to force the gate closed.

Memories of the past spun through her head, Brenner, playing with her mother and father when she was seven.

The gate screamed in front of her. It felt like it was laughing at her, teasing her.

More images ran through her head, the Demogorgon, the trailer park, Cheryl.

Sarah felt fresh blood running down her back, her head was spinning and her pulse was incredibly fast but she never was one to give up.

As the last bit of the gate closed, the girl fell to the ground. Crying cause she felt as though she were being ripped apart through her back.

She felt Hopper's big arms go around her, bringing the two girls into a big hug where they stayed, soaking in each other's presence.