'How are you alive right now?'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

'We have to get this thing out of her,' stated Sarah.

'You're right, here keep pressure on her leg, keep her awake and I'll be back,' Jonathan said to her.

The party gathered around El as she writhed on the floor in pain. The blonde girl took this opportunity to look around at the group, Steve looked like he had lost another fight while he and Robin both had vomit on their sailor uniforms which immediately made the girl feel nauseous. Her eyes stopped on the girl stood further back, Stevie, is what she said her name was. She wore low wasted jeans, a small black top and a leather jacket over the top. She seemed cool.

Sarah held a face of horror as she was pulled from her thoughts when she heard what Robin had to say.

'you know, its not actually that bad. There was the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and like the whole bone came out, it was like six inches or something,'

The group fell silent as they looked up to the girl all equally holding the same amount of shock on their faces as each other.

'Robin,' Sarah heard the other girl, Stevie, say.

'yeah?'

'Stop talking,' The dark haired girl told her with a sweet smile. Rah eyed the two girls, before shaking her head, it was probably nothing.

Jonathan came back carrying a large knife and a wooden spoon as he told El to bite down on it.

'There's no way,' Sarah panicked, making the eldest Byers boy hesitate.

'What?' he asked impatiently.

'You can't cut her open, this isn't... sanitary!' she tried.

'Nothing about this is sanitary, Rah. it has to be done,' The girl sighed as Jonathan dragged the sharp edge of the knife along Els leg and stuck his fingers into the open wound.

The group all groaned in disgust as they watched, making Sarah's stomach churn.

Eleven screamed in pain, squeezing her sisters hand as the glass pale behind the group shattered, raining down on them.

Sarah looked up from the large boot that had squished the part of the mind flayer to see her father.

-

'Dad!' Sarah smiled, gently getting herself up from the floor, careful to not put too much strain on her stomach. The girl had been running off adrenaline, keeping her from feeling as if she was slowly dying from the bullet wound.

'You're bleeding,' Hopper stated as he pulled away from their hug with a concerned gaze.

'Oh yeah, don't worry about-' she stopped herself when she looked down and saw that there was a lot more blood than before. 'oh.'

'What happened?' her dad asked, trying to look but the girl kept moving back.

'I was sort of, like, shot?' She replied sheepishly.

'What?' Her dad shouted, 'Let me see, Sarah Hopper.'

The girl gave in, lifting her shirt to show her father the now red and inflamed wound.

'How are you alive right now?' he asked, directing her to go sit down.

' I don't know, I was gone for a little bit.' she smiled.

Hopper shook his head as he went to talk to Eleven, stopping to greet Stevie, causing Sarah to raise an eyebrow.

-